Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 08:57 PM

Recipes in magazines

I know some of you love recipes so I will have to tread carefully but this was a recipe I saw in a magazine recently;

Salmon and vegetable tray bake: Place all the vegetable in the tray, top with the salmon fillets, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 30 minutes.

That took up a whole page, listing each vegetable and of course there was a nice picture.

Another one I saw was Carrot & Radish salad. Basically it was salad with (you've guessed it), carrot and radish.

Are these space-filler recipes really necessary? It's not exactly food science is it?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 10:48 PM

Re: Recipes in magazines

I agree. I love cooking but I like to invent stuff around a general theme. Bit like jamming with music. It's a pretty popular way to cook here. IT's contagious. Some of the mags here are really good actually. But I know what you mean.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I agree. I love cooking but I like to invent stuff around a general theme. Bit like jamming with music. It's a pretty popular way to cook here. IT's contagious. Some of the mags here are really good actually. But I know what you mean.
I'm the same tbh. It just sort of evolves.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 02:03 AM

I love to be creative in the kitchen.

Keezoy - I have quite a collection of cookery books issued by the Australian Women's Weekly people. They have some delicious recipes in them with very clear instructions and are beautifully illustrated as well. W H Smith's used to sell them but they seem to have vanished from the shelves now. Have AWW stopped making them or have UK just not imported any recently?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 04:15 AM

I know what you mean, Longdogs. I suspect that many of those recipes are so simple and easy is because, in todays world, many people are so busy trying to earn a living that they simply do not have the time to be creative or to make recipes which take a lot of time.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2020, 08:05 AM

I make my own recipes too....depends what I have in....even if I decide to cook a recipe from a book I usually change it.

Works......most of the time
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-02-2020, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I know what you mean, Longdogs. I suspect that many of those recipes are so simple and easy is because, in todays world, many people are so busy trying to earn a living that they simply do not have the time to be creative or to make recipes which take a lot of time.
It doesn't stop at recipes either bakerman. 'Why not wow your friends with this beautiful cushion.'.......... It's a cushion.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top