Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 01:19 PM

Rate your stay

Have you ever posted a review of a hotel or similar on a travel website? I'm thinking Trip Advisor, Trivago, Booking.com or similar

If you havent... why not?
If you have.. were you nervous about posting anything negative?

I've done a few but that was because I wanted to rave about the places I had visited.
The poorer hotels, I didn't bother writing about as apparently it can lower a hotel's star rating if they get lots of bad reviews (and vice versa of course)
Am I a wuss?!
Are you the same?
Or do you think being open and honest is the best policy so that others know what they're in for?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 01:48 PM

Re: Rate your stay

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Have you ever posted a review of a hotel or similar on a travel website? I'm thinking Trip Advisor, Trivago, Booking.com or similar
I have. There is a pub not far from us that does excellent food. We have had lunch there a few times, most recently with two grand girls.

I gave them a review on trip advisor.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 01:53 PM

Good question. The only time I have made a point of giving a bad rating was in a place in Brentford Lock, London. It was a new holiday inn I was put in by British Airways when my flight was cancelled. It wasn't even finished and there was electrical wiring hanging out of walls and bathroom not fitted out properly. The air conditioning didn't work, the food was appalling and the service worse. It was like Fawlty Towers on steroids. Every hotel in the US, Canada and here has been fine.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 01:58 PM

I don't use hotels much these days but in my earlier life I did and I believe its a great idea to send back your views when asked by the hotel on its facilities and its service.
It helps people when they are checking hotels out to stay in.

Not quite sure if there is a hotel review thread on the OFF that would come in handy for members to look at if they are thinking of staying over somewhere . That sure would be well worth looking into.

Mags Meg are you reading this if so is there a thread on hotel reviews about.?

I know I won't get an answer I never get an answer they tend to go deaf when they read my posts..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
I don't use hotels much these days but in my earlier life I did and I believe its a great idea to send back your views when asked by the hotel on its facilities and its service.
It helps people when they are checking hotels out to stay in.

Not quite sure if there is a hotel review thread on the OFF that would come in handy for members to look at if they are thinking of staying over somewhere . That sure would be well worth looking into.

Mags Meg are you reading this if so is there a thread on hotel reviews about.?

I know I won't get an answer I never get an answer they tend to go deaf when they read my posts..
Now there's a nice surprise for you LF!

My answer is no, I'm fairly sure we have never had a thread on hotel reviews before this one. It would be interesting to read some of the reviews though.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 02:25 PM

I've written a few words on places I've visited on Google Maps, and I like to send a photo too. It's nice to look on the maps and see one of your own photos promoting the place.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 02:50 PM

I have written reviews mainly on Travelodges & Premier Inns, as those are where we mostly stay. Premier Inns are particularly good, any problems & they sort them fast, the staff are very good. We have even had a free night when we hadn't got a good nights sleep, due to rowdy drinkers. Several people complained too, not just us. Why would they place the drinkers bar & outside area right beside & under rooms, it's mad, we haven't been back to that Premier Inn again.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 05:31 PM

I've written many reviews on Trip Adviser for the hotels, restaurants, even coffee shops we use. It's never bothered me about leaving a poor review because I never tell fibs, it's always the truth. If the owners don't like what I've written then that's their problem not mine.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 05:37 PM

Only once for local pub. Waited and waited to order a meal, an hour or more . They forgot to tell the kitchen so we walked out they got a terrible review from me . Shortly afterwards they changed hands but once bitten etc, never been back
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I've written many reviews on Trip Adviser for the hotels, restaurants, even coffee shops we use. It's never bothered me about leaving a poor review because I never tell fibs, it's always the truth. If the owners don't like what I've written then that's their problem not mine.
Yep.

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Am I a wuss?!
Erm .... well ....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top