Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 06:04 PM

Re: Diamond Princess

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Cruise ships are my idea of Hell .....
Mine too!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Mine too!
Mine too Muddy - I like my own space and time when on holiday. We usually tour around somewhere different everyday. The thought of being among thousands of people every day for a couple of weeks is not my idea of a holiday.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Cruise ships are my idea of Hell .....
I feel the same way. Just looking at the crowds on board those ships gives me a feeling of needing to run away.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 07:03 PM

As I said before if you haven't done a cruise you have no idea . Bit of a pre conceived impression without justification. Still if a stick in the mud type of person one will never find out what they are missing
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
As I said before if you haven't done a cruise you have no idea . Bit of a pre conceived impression without justification. Still if a stick in the mud type of person one will never find out what they are missing
I have been on a mini cruise, so yes, I do know what it's like
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 07:52 PM

I'm not missing anything - I'm avoiding the grotesque .....

I feel the same way about oversized passenger aircraft .....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 08:27 PM

Susan you would love it. No end of single ladies go cruising and meet up with likewise people. It is not just the cruising and port visiting but what takes place on board with all sorts of demonstrations on a lot of subject, as well as talks by professionals. You can also find quite areas such as the library if that is your want.

Jack and the beanstalk great ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAAAKOq1DkQ&t=40s

Omah and Donkeyman

A typical response for those who have not done a cruise. they have no concept of what cruising is all about

presumably they don't go out for meals or to a pub either as they don't like being with others.

What they don't realise that you can do your own thing when in port, not go with an organised group although you would miss a lot of local history.

i suspect you think it is like Butlins and Hi de Hi, well you could not be further from the truth. I don't understand why so against when never been on one, beats me.

No, my idea of a cruise is a boat with sails and no more than a
dozen other persons with me!
And l have been on a cruise RS, it was on lake kariba in zimbabwe
for 14 days, just me and my pal, and our families and two black
crew members, the ''ship'' was an old rhodesian railways sleeper
carriage mounted on two sponsoons with a deisel engine in each
one, and had a home made navigation bridge!
This was the best 14 days of my life, the two crew gave us first
class treatment in every way, and the wild life was out of this world!!
Sorry, but you can keep your mobile chicken batteries!!
Donkeyman!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 08:35 PM

Omah and Donkeyman

A typical response for those who have not done a cruise. they have no concept of what cruising is all about

presumably they don't go out for meals or to a pub either as they don't like being with others.

What they don't realise that you can do your own thing when in port, not go with an organised group although you would miss a lot of local history.

i suspect you think it is like Butlins and Hi de Hi, well you could not be further from the truth. I don't understand why so against when never been on one, beats me.
Don't presume anything ..... if your related experiences are typical then it's you who've led a sheltered life .....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2020, 09:39 PM

Well I'm off to book a cruise tomorrow, if everyone thinks the same as most members on here I'll have the whole ship to myself....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

24-02-2020, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Well I'm off to book a cruise tomorrow, if everyone thinks the same as most members on here I'll have the whole ship to myself....
..... and the coronavirus .....

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top