Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 08:57 AM

Re: Article on Batley, my home town

We need some entrepreneur to really look at opportunities with old mills....there is a wonderful example called Holme Mill in Clitheroe....unfortunately in Lancashire but I won't hold that against him...it's a fantastic place really worth a visit.

Hotel farm shop brewery gift emporium ice cream parlour restaurants and offices....done to perfection. Take a peek...

Www.holmesmill.co.uk
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 09:09 AM

Now Steady on Summer don't be giving those over the hill too much praise

Don't forget there is the mill complex at the far end of Batley towards Dewsbury that has done similar
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 09:15 AM

What a great place !
Of course it's in Lancashire
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->

Don't forget there is the mill complex at the far end of Batley towards Dewsbury that has done similar
Ah you mean Red Brick ....well granted it's a mill but honest Van it's no comparison....next time you are over take a trip to the dark side (Lancashire) and see what I mean.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 09:26 AM

You mean the good side .
Land of meat and potato pies lobscouse and the Beatles
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 09:29 AM

No she means the dark side

Unfortunately i have friends that live there but they can't help it
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

11-12-2018, 09:30 AM

They are the lucky ones
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

11-12-2018, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
You mean the good side .
Land of meat and potato pies lobsouce and the Beatles
Lol muddy...Van is right we don't hold it against you
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->

Are you referring to what I knew as the 'frontier' ??? - had two large police vans parked in the car park every Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2018, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I told my Dad that it feels like we are living through a Depression, life really has gotten awful.
I don't think it is even as simple as a depression LQ. It feels more like a master plan to me. Without sounding like our resident conspiracy theorist, it feels as though someone or some organisation is hell bent on sending Britain to the sewer. Our politicians, which have been elected to run our Country, couldn't give a toss or are just not intelligent enough and there are plenty of others that go out of their way to put Britain last.

I'm sure most of the problems in our towns and cities could be put right with a bit of thought and a bit of investment.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top