Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 07:58 PM

Blue BADGE SCHEME, renewal problems.

If you are disabled or have a health condition that affects your mobility, you can apply for a Blue Badge.
I have had a BB since 2006, renewed every 3 years & issued by the local council BB Team, after consideration of current health.
I have had a disabling neurological condition since 1996 &
It isn’t going to get better any time soon.
This was confirmed officially in 2016 when I was vetted for the Personal Independence Payment, & subsequently it was awarded indefinitely.
I was therefore somewhat irked & distressed when I was hassled by the local BB office to produce medical reports supporting my claim, even though the government guidelines state entitlement occurs when you
• get Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and scored 8 points or more in the ‘moving around’ area of your assessment
Today I received my BB, after a 10 week wait…

I hope no one else has been processed like this, But if this is the case I ‘d like to hear about it.
I am not a scrounger & I hate being treated like one, that’s the inference the local govt bods give.

PS they’ve lost my medical notes
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 08:04 PM

Re: Blue BADGE SCHEME, renewal problems.

A link for you.
https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/blue-badge-scheme

What type of illness qualifies for disability?
Respiratory illnesses, such as COPD or asthma. neurological disorders, such as multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, Parkinson's disease, and epilepsy. mental disorders, such as depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, autism, or retardation. immune system disorders, such as HIV/AIDS, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 08:11 PM

They don't make indefinite awards for PIP.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 08:24 PM

My blue badge ran out at the beginning of July, I applied to renew it in plenty of time, I also changed my address in March and told them. It didn't turn up, wasn't at my old address, I drove over there, when I rang the council they weren't sure if it was being sent to my new address.
I phoned several times, it went to the printers on 26th June, it didn't arrive by the 11th of July, the council said they couldn't phone to find out as they had no number for the printers.
Last week they decided it had gone missing, they cancelled it, I had to re-apply and pay again, now I have to wait 28 days for a new one.
I moved in March, my notes still haven't arrived at my new GP's.
I sent my licence to the DVLA to change address, they won't give it back until my new GP gets my notes to confirm that I'm safe to drive.
I've never had an accident and never had any trouble with any of this before. It's making me feel as if I don't matter to anyone.
I have written to my MP as he's been good in the past but no reply.
You're not the only one Robert, I think it's a plot to stress us oldies out!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->

That's very negative.
Correction
for indefinite read ONGOINg
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

31-07-2018, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
My blue badge ran out at the beginning of July, I applied to renew it in plenty of time, I also changed my address in March and told them. It didn't turn up, wasn't at my old address, I drove over there, when I rang the council they weren't sure if it was being sent to my new address.
I phoned several times, it went to the printers on 26th June, it didn't arrive by the 11th of July, the council said they couldn't phone to find out as they had no number for the printers.
Last week they decided it had gone missing, they cancelled it, I had to re-apply and pay again, now I have to wait 28 days for a new one.
I moved in March, my notes still haven't arrived at my new GP's.
I sent my licence to the DVLA to change address, they won't give it back until my new GP gets my notes to confirm that I'm safe to drive.
I've never had an accident and never had any trouble with any of this before. It's making me feel as if I don't matter to anyone.
I have written to my MP as he's been good in the past but no reply.
You're not the only one Robert, I think it's a plot to stress us oldies out!

Thanks for your positive reply.
Wear us out? I think they're succeeding.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

31-07-2018, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
A link for you.
https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/blue-badge-scheme

What type of illness qualifies for disability?
Respiratory illnesses, such as COPD or asthma. neurological disorders, such as multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, Parkinson's disease, and epilepsy. mental disorders, such as depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, autism, or retardation. immune system disorders, such as HIV/AIDS, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Thanks for that SP.
My gripe is that the local bods wouldn't accept automatic entitlement even though I have PIP at the highest rate.

BTW , your list qualifies me TWICE, as I have Parkinson's.
Since 1996.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

31-07-2018, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
I confess to being a bit grouchy in my response earlier. Have you had a bad experience with the "powers that be?"
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 08:34 AM

My husband had a blue badge for our car when he first had his brain haemorrhage, but insisted on giving it as soon as his mobility improved. I suspect he is still entitled to it.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

03-08-2018, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
My husband had a blue badge for our car when he first had his brain haemorrhage, but insisted on giving it as soon as his mobility improved. I suspect he is still entitled to it.
Good for him.

Our circumstances may not be comparable though..

e.g.
I do not drive

My wife does ferry me about

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top