Join for free
Furryanimal
Wales
Furryanimal is male  Furryanimal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 07:52 PM

Tribute Bands

Who do you think are the best tribute band?
I think The Australian Pink Floyd Show -who I have already booked for again next Autumn-will take some beating.Although I will shortly be seeing the Bootleg Beatles for the first time.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 08:02 PM

Re: Tribute Bands

We've seen The Silver Beatles, The Bog Rolling Stones, and Australian Pink Floyd...all very good indeed.
Possibly Pink Floyd best.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 08:39 PM

I saw a band called The Cavern Beatles at a corporate do about 20 years ago ... bouncey, good. And the venue was very cavernlike.

I'm not the cover band type or one to bother with new line-ups of once good acts ... memories are more precious.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 09:04 PM

It's OK listening to the same old stuff now and then but I prefer to discover things that are new to me.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 10:53 PM

Oh I've seen loads.
Some of the best were obviously Aussie Floyd who we've spoken about (I'll be seeing them again this weekend), Think Floyd, Floydian Slip, Con Jovi, By Jovi, Fleetwood Back, From The Jam, Keep It Cash, The Springsteen Experience, Limehouse Lizzy, Illegal Eagles and loads more. They have all been excellent.

I think they're a great idea especially if you never got the chance to see the originals.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 10:55 PM

I'm going to see the Bootleg Beatles in Harrogate on the 16th Dec I've, not seen them before but I have pals who tell me they are really good..... hope so.

I'm going to a live Christmas show the night before too which is on every year and is always good. Bad planning I suppose two shows in a row but I have to admit I love live shows ….. I'm easily pleased
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 04:39 PM

I thought The Jersey boys were quite good (The four seasons) although I didn't enjoy the show itself very much.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top