Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2015, 09:21 PM

Re: Sent home from School. A Hairy Story

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Really , What I see is an individual who doesn't want to walk round looking like a clone of 200 or so other pupils .
She might just get on in the world like Mary Quant or all the other Models and artistic females that made it with their different look .
That's true I hate seeing the individuality beaten out of kids, we all seem to end up conforming eventually but give them some freedom when they are young.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's true I hate seeing the individuality beaten out of kids, we all seem to end up conforming eventually but give them some freedom when they are young.
There's individuality and there's rebellion - I think this is more the latter.
Plenty of scope for self expression after the school days are finished.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 09:55 AM

Well when I was at school I variously had pink, blue and green hair never was a rebellious child just wanted to be individual. I don't doubt some kids are rebellious but surely better they do that with their hair style and not some other more dangerous way.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 10:06 AM

Think it's only part of the big picture, though, Julie. If they allow these hairstyles then leggings or short skirts and loads of 'individual' make up styles, it begins to look like a nightclub!
Rules are necessary, we may not like 'em but there it is.

I have broken a few myself, in the past
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

08-09-2015, 10:31 AM

I'm not so sure, it looks like the girl was obeying the uniform rules it's only hair she has different. Uniforms when we are adult rarely prescribe a hair cut just the clothing is covered.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 10:51 AM

It seems to me this farce demonstrates the commonly held concept amongst the young that you can have rights without responsibility.
The school should demonstrate that blindly clinging on to your rights and denying your responsibility has consequences, Some of which you may not like.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
It seems to me this farce demonstrates the commonly held concept amongst the young that you can have rights without responsibility.
The school should demonstrate that blindly clinging on to your rights and denying your responsibility has consequences, Some of which you may not like.
It also demonstrates that the mother has no sense either for allowing the hairstyle or for this article reaching the press.

In print this poor lass not only looks stupid with hairstyle , spots and all and will no doubt be bearing the brunt of that. What a photo to look back on
kittylion
Lancashire, United Kingdom
kittylion is female  kittylion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
It also demonstrates that the mother has no sense either for allowing the hairstyle or for this article reaching the press.

In print this poor lass not only looks stupid with hairstyle , spots and all and will no doubt be bearing the brunt of that. What a photo to look back on
Exactly - I feel very strongly that this should count as some form of neglect to let your child look like a twonk in the press. Those pictures, along with her name, are out there forever. Most employers now would do a google search of prospective employees - and that won't look good will it?

As far as the uniform goes, the parent will have had to have signed a home/school agreement which, amongst other things, will have outlined uniform requirements. If you don't like it, then choose another school or home school your child yourself - then they can wear what they want.

Human rights my @rse! Just ask a few refugees what it is really like to have your human rights violated.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top