Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 03:17 PM

queue jumping

Went inside pub to buy a round of drinks Sunday afternoon . The queue was big , people queuing and waiting patiently trying to be polite. I was behind a man and watched a woman come in and go to the side of the bar , the man looked at me and raised his eyebrows . He was served before her eventually and when paid said to the bar man , the lady behind me is next . The other woman jumped in and ordered her round , I said very politely " excuse me I was here before you " she shouted that I was a liar etc etc , the barman looked at us both and I said " serve the lady , I was here first but please serve her ". She carried on abusing me and I stood quietly and ignored her . Eventually I was served , I was very polite and spoke of how difficult it must be for the bar staff .

Often I don't speak up , had she been old I would willingly have let her go before me , she was in her 30,s at a guess . We had been queuing a good 10 mins , all being patient . I must say she was nasty and it was embarrassing .

Would you speak out ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 03:22 PM

Re: queue jumping

No but I would thank my lucky stars I was brought up better than she was and had learned to queue properly and with patience.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 03:22 PM

I don't understand why pubs don't have the single queuing system that they have in post offices. Just a barrier of some kind so you have to line up one behind the other. Simple, and it would hardly break the bank. And no, I wouldn't have spoken out, I'd have just ignored the woman. What's the point of getting into a shouting match with cretins?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 04:06 PM

On a few occasions I have said in desperation 'excuse me I have been waiting a while and think I was here first' including on the fish and cheese counters in Waitrose
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 04:09 PM

I sometimes wonder if I'm invisible
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
I sometimes wonder if I'm invisible
I think sometimes women are invisible particularly in bars if like me you are not very tall .
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 04:35 PM

I usually do speak up if I have been queuing but like you Susan I would have let her go first, you don't know how nasty people are going to get. Mind you I cannot remember the last time I went up to the bar for a drink, usually the other half goes, bless him.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 05:09 PM

I probably would have said something like "If you are that much in need of a drink, go ahead!"
I certainly think Wetherspoons in particular should adopt the one queue system as I do find it frustrating when all I want is a pint of beer.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 05:37 PM

I would have said something, it's hard not to when people are so rude!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2015, 06:56 PM

I wouldnt have said anything,I just dont even make eye contact if someone looks as if they could be trouble..dont get me wrong I could turn the air blue if needed be but as someone else already has said why bother getting into a slanging match with cretins.
Its just not worth the hassle Susan.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top