Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2015, 06:47 PM

Re: How the mighty have fallen

Thats right Aysa we certainly are the Wooden Horse comes to mind☺
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2015, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Well Doc I think the armed forces have been cut back right to the lowest level they can safely be...I really agree with you when you say we wouldnt have a hope in hell of defending ourselves from an agressor if any wanted to have a go at invading ...we are just being quietly invaded by other means.
What means is that, is it on a Hush-Hush list. Perhaps Aliens, Humanoids, Exploding sex dolls from China , spill the beans

Agree the subject has been garotted
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2015, 11:45 PM

Tend to agree with you Doc.

The real "powers that be" (not government puppets) have systematically dismantled the country. There will indeed be a reason and purpose which doubtless we will soon see.

Allowing the thousands of foreigners in over the past few years is also a part of that plan.

Add to this the systematic destruction of the dollar and soon the Euro by the financiers and banksters and a bigger picture starts to unravel.

The internet is chock full of conspiracies and one recurring one is the plan of the "elite" to drastically reduce the global population down to about 1/2 billion. If true that means some rather big disasters are coming our way.

The world is changing, being changed, deliberately, methodically, but by who and for what reason?

Either way, we are all expendable and likely will be . . . expended! Unless of course we wake up first and see it coming.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 08:51 AM

Good post Realist good to see someone understands what im saying☺
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 08:56 AM

I think you will find that we can defend ourselves quite well, there is ordnance about that is not for public consumption. What we can no longer afford to do is back up the USA in it's bid to rule the World.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Once the Royal Navy was the greatest in the world now look at it a joke.
Once the British Army was the best army in the world now look at it a joke.
Same with the RAF a joke doesn't it seem very strange why the Government made all these cutbacks to our forces?
This country would not stand a hope in hells chance in a major war
I come from a Royal Navy family so I tend to keep abreast with the services out of habit and I do understand your unease but all this started long ago Doc and the last time we stood any real chance, in a conventional war, on our own was decades ago.
In a nuclear-dominated conflict we would be first target. stevmk2
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Good post Realist good to see someone understands what im saying☺
I am glad you do as I think he is talking from Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Too many chiefs and not enough indians in the armed forces including talkers , managers, planners to support. You know, ships with no aircraft , take off runways to short.

Following much pressure Cameron agreed to raise the defence budget back to 2% of GPI. (Same as oversea aid). So what was his answer, he moved forces pensions and disability payment into the defence budget, problem solved .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Tend to agree with you Doc.

The real "powers that be" (not government puppets) have systematically dismantled the country. There will indeed be a reason and purpose which doubtless we will soon see.

Allowing the thousands of foreigners in over the past few years is also a part of that plan.

Add to this the systematic destruction of the dollar and soon the Euro by the financiers and banksters and a bigger picture starts to unravel.

The internet is chock full of conspiracies and one recurring one is the plan of the "elite" to drastically reduce the global population down to about 1/2 billion. If true that means some rather big disasters are coming our way.

The world is changing, being changed, deliberately, methodically, but by who and for what reason?

Either way, we are all expendable and likely will be . . . expended! Unless of course we wake up first and see it coming.
Blimey and I thought you were improving .

For goodness sake try and keep the paranoia in check. Take up running or something to burn off excess energy.

I ain't gonna argue the points raised - who could?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 05:06 PM

Well Doc, being the cynic that I have always been - I have long suspected that the culling of our proud Army Regiments,each with their own cherished histories, having to amalgamate with other luckier (for now anyway) Regiments, was,and may yet still be, a plan hatched between our Pro-European successive governments and the EU in their long-held yearning to form and ultimately be in charge of a new European Armed Force with whatever remaining Armed Forces personnel are left after the hatchet job, no doubt along with all other European countries forces being under one umbrella. That of the EU !

It started sneakily with the above culling of those chopped Regiments with the excuse of not having the need for so many different Regiments due to modern warfare in this day and age ,After the cull we then had the plaintive wailing from the MOD office wallah’s pleading that there was a shortage of money in the coffers, certainly not enough to equip our brave troops fighting for us overseas with the best equipment that money could buy but more than enough it seemed for the suits at the MOD to kit out all their offices with the swankiest of new furniture and the costliest artwork for their walls with a total bill to the taxpayer of millions !!
Quickly following this bombshell news that shocked us all, the MOD Mandarins ploughed on with the crass sending of letters of Redundancies to our Forces, some even went to brave lads and lasses still fighting and risking their lives,more to those just returning after tours of duty out there. We still heard though the constant plaintive wailing from the MOD who carried on regardless, bemoaning the fact that ever more cuts would be needed. We all know what has happened to our once mighty and much envied Royal Navy since, we became a laughing stock by having to use French planes and personnel…or did we? maybe more of an exercise to see how they gelled????

And so it goes on…..every day we hear news of yet another nail in the coffin of one or more precious pieces of our Armed Forces.

Grrrr - I don’t trust them one tiny iota.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 08:10 PM

isn't there an equation that says LARGE COUNTRY = LARGE ARMED FORCES and visa versa. The last 'war' England fort for itself was the Argentinian one and that was a very silly one instigated by a silly PM.

Large countries seem to want to defend themselves more or want to puff up more. So we have Indonesia, China, Russia, North Korea all wanting big armed forces.

Tell me apart from helping others fight which next war is England going to fight alone?

England once was a large empire on which the sun never set - it is a very small empire now and about to lose more chunks of it to Scotland, and perhaps Ireland and Wales.

big army - come off it get real!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top