Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 03:42 PM

Mrs Sturgeon, did you not hear the result?

Is it just me or does anyone else feel as though they would like to shove the largest Bramley cooking apple they could find and shove it into Nicola Sturgeon's mouth to shut her up !!!

My apologies to our Scottish cousins over the border for that remark above, it is not meant as a slur against the lovely Scots people, but as an English person, I feel great resentment that she is again spouting off about another Scottish referendum for Independence. What arrogance of the woman! Is she living on a different planet?
Hello, you deranged woman, the Scots voted 55% to 45% to stay in the Union. The perks you received, courtesy of the taxpayers of England I recall, ensured that the sensible people of Scotland decided that they were better off with us than on their own. So live with it!!

Personally, I would love Scotland to gain their independence if that is the road they wish to take. It would without doubt, see the downfall of that woman! She is determined to see Scotland on it's knees. Her stupid boast about "Scottish Oil"belonging to Scotland would have seen to that if she had won the day, as we saw after the election with thousands losing their jobs in the oil industry.

Again, how dare this arrogant person threaten the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom that "he is living on borrowed time" with regard to another referendum. It is not down to her, it is down to the Scottish people, This woman won''t be satisfied until she sees official border crossings on the motorway between England and Scotland.

Discuss please....
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 03:49 PM

Re: Mrs Sturgeon, did you not hear the result?

Let them have a referendum every year until they get it right.
I for one shall be glad when they get their independence perhaps it will stop their constant whingeing !😡
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 04:00 PM

I shall discuss another referendum if ever there comes a time when the good People of Scotland wish it...not for at least another 5yrs I hope,..but who knows...A Year is a long time in Politics and anything is possible....So You good Folks in England can whinge until Your hearts content ;~)
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 04:32 PM

May, Whether you like to hear it or not, Nicola is so up her own backside, puffed up with her own importance and the belief that because the SNP had a resounding success in the General election (come on now, be honest, the only reason you have 56 MP's in Parliament over the border is simply because the SNP didn't have anyone to oppose them! Labour and Lib Dems were already a spent force. It was nothing for the Scottish to put a cross next to the SNP candidates.

As for the English whingers, how about Nicola letting the people of Scotland know what she intends to do with all the monies she has been given instead of whinging about wanting ever more! that's all we ever seem to hear from her.
One must appreciate I suppose that she has to keep her members gee'd up for her to remain popular but I really do wish she would shut up and do the job she was elected to do as first minister for the SNP - instead of her constant harping and rabble-rousing.
The Scottish people made their decision, they did NOT want to leave the union. They're not stupid. We all know it was easy to give London and Parliament a bloody nose when it came to the General Election just as it was for us in the European election by voting overwhelmingly for UKIP.

Good luck with her though. I still say she will eventually be the ruin of Scotland if you follow her path.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 04:33 PM

Yes, good riddance to them, they are a joke. Just 4 Million people dictating and griping. And when we do split, make it a complete split, we contributing not one penny.
Let "Knock Knee's" have the responsibility of funding the place.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
May, Whether you like to hear it or not, Nicola is so up her own backside, puffed up with her own importance and the belief that because the SNP had a resounding success in the General election (come on now, be honest, the only reason you have 56 MP's in Parliament over the border is simply because the SNP didn't have anyone to oppose them! Labour and Lib Dems were already a spent force. It was nothing for the Scottish to put a cross next to the SNP candidates.

As for the English whingers, how about Nicola letting the people of Scotland know what she intends to do with all the monies she has been given instead of whinging about wanting ever more! that's all we ever seem to hear from her.
One must appreciate I suppose that she has to keep her members gee'd up for her to remain popular but I really do wish she would shut up and do the job she was elected to do as first minister for the SNP - instead of her constant harping and rabble-rousing.
The Scottish people made their decision, they did NOT want to leave the union. They're not stupid. We all know it was easy to give London and Parliament a bloody nose when it came to the General Election just as it was for us in the European election by voting overwhelmingly for UKIP.

Good luck with her though. I still say she will eventually be the ruin of Scotland if you follow her path.
Yes 3 million voters have 56 seats, what a joke.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

You're entitled to Your opinion Hen,but as I've said...There's nothing to discuss..YET...And I know from the experience here this time last Year,most of the replies You will get will Be from Those who hate Scotlands first Lady Minister and the SNP...Carry on..I won't be participating.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 04:59 PM

They will never get Independence simply because the people of Scotland do not want it ☺
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
They will never get Independence simply because the people of Scotland do not want it ☺
If the UK as a whole vote to come out of the EU, a huge majority in Scotland will want independence. Whereas the UK as a whole is a net contributor to the EU, Scotland is a net beneficiary of EU largesse and they won't want to jump off that gravy train.
I'd love to see independence for England with our own parliament and judiciary.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

18-09-2015, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
If the UK as a whole vote to come out of the EU, a huge majority in Scotland will want independence. Whereas the UK as a whole is a net contributor to the EU, Scotland is a net beneficiary of EU largesse and they won't want to jump off that gravy train.
I'd love to see independence for England with our own parliament and judiciary.
Trouble is MB, the English will never be given the opportunity by our government to decide our future. I still believe strongly that because Scotland were voting on independence from us, we too should have been given the opportunity to have our future decided if we were in danger of splitting apart the union. it should have been a two-way decision. Of course Call-me-Dave would never have allowed it as I have a feeling that with all the deliberate animosity aimed at the English by both Salmond and Sturgeon, the decision to part may well have come to fruition, which of course, was what the two were aiming for all along.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top