Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2020, 09:22 PM

Re: Retaliate First........

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
What do you mean back to the op? I was responding to the OP.
I certainly didn't intend to even infer that you weren't. It was just that the illogicality of the title suddenly struck me.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2020, 10:36 PM

There has always been a question about how justice is metered out to the undesirables who push the envelope, after all, folks in general only have two cheeks, and they can't be turned ad infinitum.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
There has always been a question about how justice is metered out to the undesirables who push the envelope, after all, folks in general only have two cheeks, and they can't be turned ad infinitum.
This isn't a case of turning the other cheek, this is a case of LAW.

The guy who "stuck the nut in" was guilty of assault and should have been charged with the offence. His response was not commensurate.

The "guy with the mouth" should also have been charged but BOTH broke the law but to a MUCH lesser extent.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
I have noticed the video clip in the OP link is slightly shorter than the one I originally viewed……Missing the start showing the lad in white with his head pressed into a smaller lads face, who he had held against a van, while shouting threats of violence he was/wanted to do to him…. Swinging an arm and swearing at at the girl trying to pull him away.

You can see in the OP video the smaller lad in black, and hear and see the girls arm. Why were these couple of seconds at the start of the video clip are missing, I don’t know.

I assumed all film clips would have been the same

... so I guess we will never know what is going on here, if the arrogant in white deserves what he got.

I hope the one in black handed in his resignation after this incident.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 09:49 AM

Hi

This is not the time to retaliate.

It puts yourself and NHS staff at risk of infection.

It is the time to minimise risk and only do the minimum to protect yourself and your family.

It will not last forever and then is payback time.

It is worth waiting for.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

This is not the time to retaliate.

It puts yourself and NHS staff at risk of infection.

It is the time to minimise risk and only do the minimum to protect yourself and your family.

It will not last forever and then is payback time.

It is worth waiting for.
Swimmy, That is vengeful talk. What do you mean by ‘payback’’? Payback to China?

How would you do that, ‘nuke’ them? Then they ‘nuke’ us back and we all end up dead anyway!
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
... so I guess we will never know what is going on here, if the arrogant in white deserves what he got.

I hope the one in black handed in his resignation after this incident.

Well we have different opinions, You see the guy in black as a thug.

I see the guy in white as a Bully... who was happy to grab and threaten the smaller lad in black.

I praise the other guy for stepping in and stopping the bully.

Something many wouldn't do nowadays, and why should they ?

Why risk injury to yourself, or be accused of also being a thug yourself if you strike out.

Yeah perhaps best walk away, well, lets be fair... even if he said stop, it would as it did cause the lad in white to redirect his rage and threats into his face.

Okay I won't say or praise him to be some kind of hero, but I won't call him an animal either, and if someone were bulling me, or a loved one of mine, I would hope someone like this lad were there as I'm sure he would again intervene.

As I said, different opinions
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
This isn't a case of turning the other cheek, this is a case of LAW.

The guy who "stuck the nut in" was guilty of assault and should have been charged with the offence. His response was not commensurate.

The "guy with the mouth" should also have been charged but BOTH broke the law but to a MUCH lesser extent.

Law.... Like Intentional Harassment, or Section 39 assault, which I'm sure I could easily present a charge to answer in a court of Law.

And both committed by acts of provocation which resulted in the lad in black striking out in defence.

Why did the lad in black strike out ? Surely no one can suggest it was an unprovoked attack.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2020, 05:28 PM

You see the guy in black as a thug.
I didn't say that.

I see the guy in white as a Bully.
He probably is a bully. But, as you say, that bit is missing from the video.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

03-05-2020, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
Law.... Like Intentional Harassment, or Section 39 assault, which I'm sure I could easily present a charge to answer in a court of Law.

And both committed by acts of provocation which resulted in the lad in black striking out in defence.

Why did the lad in black strike out ? Surely no one can suggest it was an unprovoked attack.
It was an unprovoked attack. What was taking place was unquestionably a verbal altercation. That did not justify a physical attack. It was NOT a commensurate response.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top