Join for free
Page 7 of 28 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 05:44 PM

Re: Brexit - Can you ever please both sides?

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Why would another referendum break democracy if the first one was only advisory and not legally binding?

It was legally binding. The government saud it would implement the outcome.

What part of that do you not understand ?
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
Typical of the twisted bullshit you come out with.

I seem to remember there being only two options on the voting form - leave or stay in the EU.

There wasn't an option for sitting on the fence.
I recognise that brexiters don't understand FACTS but it is one
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It was legally binding. The government saud it would implement the outcome.

What part of that do you not understand ?
The referendum wasn’t legally binding, but there’s plenty of scope for argument about whether politicians should feel obliged to implement the result anyway.

The fact that the government said it would implement the outcome does not make it legally binding.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
The referendum wasn’t legally binding, but there’s plenty of scope for argument about whether politicians should feel obliged to implement the result anyway.

The fact that the government said it would implement the outcome does not make it legally binding.

You lost.

Get over it.

If a prime minister announces they will implement the result and then they do then that's pretty conclusive.
itsme
Wigan UK

10-01-2019, 06:07 PM

You lost.

Get over it.

If a prime minister announces they will implement the result and then they do then that's pretty conclusive.
But doesn't make it LEGALLY binding!!!!!!!!!! Only parliament can make it legally binding and it didn't.

What don't you understand? a great deal I would imagine.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

10-01-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
But doesn't make it LEGALLY binding!!!!!!!!!! Only parliament can make it legally binding and it didn't.

What don't you understand? a great deal I would imagine.

I understand plenty thanks. If it was legally binding would we have got a different result then ?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 06:38 PM

Well make up your minds, which is it?

One says it was advisory.
Another says it was determining policy.

I don't see legally binding anywhere...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

10-01-2019, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Well make up your minds, which is it?

One says it was advisory.
Another says it was determining policy.

I don't see legally binding anywhere...
Technically is was not legally binding but I don't think referendums are anyway.

Cameron said the government would act on the outcome so the legal status of if is irrelevant. The outcome would be acted on by the government and that was made clear during the referendum.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 06:52 PM

Technically is was not legally binding but I don't think referendums are anyway.

Cameron said the government would act on the outcome so the legal status of if is irrelevant. The outcome would be acted on by the government and that was made clear during the referendum.

Exactly.

Funny how the referendum always reverts to `advisory` because the Remain camp lost the vote. Would they still claim as much if the referendum worked out in their favour? Of course not.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

10-01-2019, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Exactly.

Funny how the referendum always reverts to `advisory` because the Remain camp lost the vote. Would they still claim as much if the referendum worked out in their favour? Of course not.

I know ...

What would be beneficial would be for all media like the BBC and sky news and the papers to declare their EU funding they receive in return for positive coverage of EU membership.

We would then see the margin leave won by when the justification for their project fear was out in the open.

Page 7 of 28 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top