Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 09:33 PM

Re: My Dad

So glad things are on the up for you, it is a terrible time as your parents get older and not in good health. Worrying constantly really pulls you down, talking to friends or anyone can really help, well it did for me. Lets hope you have a lot of time yet to be with him still

When I "lost" my parents the vicar comforted me a lot by saying that they had only left this earth to another place where all their friend and relatives were waiting to greet them. Not only this but Sue was having a threatened miscarriage at the same time, so I know maybe better than many how you are feeling.

Worry and grief are very personal and hard to share, and that is the time when good friends are there to lean on.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 10:37 PM

That's great news that your Dad can go home tomorrow Lion Queen ...... long may you continue to care for and spoil him with his meals
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
So glad things are on the up for you, it is a terrible time as your parents get older and not in good health. Worrying constantly really pulls you down, talking to friends or anyone can really help, well it did for me. Lets hope you have a lot of time yet to be with him still

When I "lost" my parents the vicar comforted me a lot by saying that they had only left this earth to another place where all their friend and relatives were waiting to greet them. Not only this but Sue was having a threatened miscarriage at the same time, so I know maybe better than many how you are feeling.

Worry and grief are very personal and hard to share, and that is the time when good friends are there to lean on.
Beautiful and comforting words Real, thank you xx
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's great news that your Dad can go home tomorrow Lion Queen ...... long may you continue to care for and spoil him with his meals
Thanks Mags, night night, godbless xxx
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 03:43 AM

Lion Queen, you are a credit to your father who will be so proud of you. You're giving back to him now what he and your mum gave you all those years while you were growing up and that is support, love and kindness.

I'm so happy that your dad is feeling so good at the moment and long may it continue. You are doing the right thing by pulling out all the stops to look after him as much as you can because he is your priority. Of course you need to work too and live your own life so time is short for you.

The thing I regret more than anything in my own life is not paying enough attention to my dad when I was younger. If I had I would surely be in a more secure position now that I am, my dad being a very wise man. But that's by the by and I realised very late when he was severely ill with dementia that I should have spent more time with him just listening to him. I made up for it in the end though by looking after him as much as I could in his declining years and gave some of that love back I hope.

You are an amazing person to treasure your father so much and do so much for him, LQ, and I wish your dad all the best and to enjoy his time with you as long as you are both able.

Take care x
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
************UPDATE**************

I took my Daddy home for a few hours today and we were told we would get his blood results when we got back. His potassium level was 5.5 yesterday (the best they've been) and they said he wouldn't be able to go home until they are down to at least 5.3. Tonight when I took him back to hospital I went to see the nurse and she told me he can go home tomorrow, his level has come right down to 4.8.

Ecstatic isn't the word, I'm just sooooooo relieved with this news as my Daddy has been very ill and I truly thought I was going to lose him. It feels like a miracle and I am so grateful to everyone who prayed and sent good thoughts and wishes. You have no idea how I am feeling right now, I literally could jump for joy and shout it out to the world.

I get my Daddy for a bit longer. I realise he will go into a decline as he has chronic kidney disease but for now I'm savouring every moment spent with my Daddy. I've always said my Daddy is a trouper and he truly is. As always I will be taking good care of him and I will be making sure he has a low potassium diet because I'll be doing his cooking.

Oh my, I am so happy right now I could cry, I've done enough crying through being so sad and frightened for his life this week.

Thank you to the hospital staff and the Lord for letting me keep my Daddy for longer.
What wonderful, wonderful news, LQ, I bet you were the Dancing Queen when you heard that!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 07:40 AM

Enjoy every minute LQ life is so precious isn't it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2019, 08:01 AM

I am so pleased for both you and Dad LQ.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 03:50 PM

How is your Dad now, LQ?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

21-05-2019, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
How is your Dad now, LQ?
Hi Mags

My Dad is doing ok thanks, as well as can be expected as he has chronic kidney failure, I'm caring for him as best I can and I just pray to God to keep him with me for a good while yet.

Thank you for asking. xxx

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top