Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 04:55 PM

Asking for a council tax refund

More a point of principle than anything else.

At this time of the year, we are supposed to have the green (food and garden waste) green wheelie bins emptied weekly.

Now that things have pretty much returned to normal, it seems a bit cheeky that my council is maintaining a fortnightly collection.

Also, last week they failed to empty the paper bin in much of the South Manchester area. This was apparently due to a shortage of drivers.

On principle, surely they should offer a bit of a refund since we have paid for a sevice, and they are failing to fulfill the agreement?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 05:01 PM

Re: Asking for a council tax refund

we have never seen a road sweeper in our cal-de-sac yet we pay the council to do that
I don't think they know how to connect a council worker to a broom
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 05:01 PM

We have a fortnightly uplift here, and our council tax bills have risen, with no leeway over lockdown. Feel free to ask, but.....they will say no, I'm sure.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 05:05 PM

They couldn't even be ar$ed to email or publicise the situation!!

So, no doubt they'll now be inundated with a load of people reporting their failure to empty the blue bins.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 05:07 PM

We have a "missed bin" option to click on for whichever address you are at. They don't listen or care, they just collect it in the next pickup. They might put on an extra lorry if there are a lot of complaints...I've seen that happen over Christmas time.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 05:24 PM

Fly tip stuff. Seriously. Just do so discreetly and I'm being serious. I certainly would.

That or if your bin is at the edge of your property set the thing on fire and plead innocence. "A big boy done it an ran away" sorta thing.

That way the council will have to supply a replacement foc.

That's a thing that I've noticed with most of you guys. You're too bloomin' honest for your own good and I'm serious.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

26-07-2021, 05:27 PM

Todger!! That's illegal! Have you though...its ok telling other folk to do it, but would you? And interestingly, what would you NOT fly tip?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Todger!! That's illegal! Have you though...its ok telling other folk to do it, but would you? And interestingly, what would you NOT fly tip?
Would I? I have and when needed I still do. Legality matters very much less than risk of being discovered.

ETA - I wouldn't just dump toxic or hazardous materials such as asbestos.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

26-07-2021, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Fly tip stuff. Seriously. Just do so discreetly and I'm being serious. I certainly would.

That or if your bin is at the edge of your property set the thing on fire and plead innocence. "A big boy done it an ran away" sorta thing.

That way the council will have to supply a replacement foc.

That's a thing that I've noticed with most of you guys. You're too bloomin' honest for your own good and I'm serious.
We haven't been (un?) fortunate enough to learn the naughty ways of life though....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 07:16 PM

If your going to load up the car to fly tip, why not just take the stuff to the Council Recycling Centre?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top