Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 02:39 PM

Re: Foundation Make-Up

I don't usually wear a foundation, but when I do I generally wear Nivea tinted moisturising cream, which is quite inexpensive. I do like Clinique, but feel I have to save it for "occasions" As a result one bottle lasts for ages; lasts so long that I wonder if it has gone off. Still smells OK though and I don't come out in spots.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I give up, it is all the power of advertising.

The same stuff with the same ingredients can be found at a fraction of the cost.
To be fair I have yet to find a body smoother thats smells as gorgeous as Clinique Elixir. Give it a try Swimmy, you'll have all the men chasing ye hehe
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Clinique avoid ingredients that are known to irritate the skin. I find their products wonderful, I also use a body smoother called Clinique Elixir. I like to smell nice and it really does smell gorgeous and it feels nice on my skin, it doesn't leave my skin greasy. That too is expensive and I hate paying the money but I love it so I keep buying it, it does last me a long time as you only need to use it very sparingly and it still smells fab.
I can smell a woman wearing Elixir at a thousand paces !
As for foundation I used , like Artangel , to use Leichner ,then moved to Revlon Touch and Glow , also discontinued .
Moved to an EsteeLauder one , now discontinued but their present ones that come under Double Wear etc .are too drying so I'm on my third bottle of .....drumroll ....Rimmel Wake Me Up , anti fatigue ,VitaminC , SPF20 . Long bottle with an orange top ,very inexpensive .
It goes on super-smoothly over my L'Oreal serum and their Cell Renew Day Cream .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I give up, it is all the power of advertising.

The same stuff with the same ingredients can be found at a fraction of the cost.
Swimmy, l remember in the 1960’s l used to use Mary Quant make up. I was talking to someone who was a student and he said in the holidays, he worked at Outdoor Girl which to me was considered a cheap brand.
He told me Mary Quant was manufactured by Outdoor Girl in the same factory and the only difference was the packaging.
So l agree with you on this one.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
As for foundation I used , like Artangel , to use Leichner ,then moved to Revlon Touch and Glow , also discontinued .
Moved to an EsteeLauder one , now discontinued but their present ones that come under Double Wear etc .are too drying so I'm on my third bottle of .....drumroll ....Rimmel Wake Me Up , anti fatigue ,VitaminC , SPF20 . Long bottle with an orange top ,very inexpensive .
It goes on super-smoothly over my L'Oreal serum and their Cell Renew Day Cream .
Zuleika, l am well impressed that you used Leichner too. It was classed as an expensive make up years ago. How ever they could sell such quality stuff for £3, l don’t know.
I love Revlon and used to use their mascara. At one, time everyone raved about Estée Lauder mascara. I paid a lot of money for one once and wasn’t impressed. I went back to using Maybelline mascara.

Many of the foundations available now make my skin look dry and old, that’s why l stick to Leichner.
I use Ponds Cream in the green top pot that l think my daughter orders from Amazon and it comes from America to remove my make up.
I don’t think you can beat Ponds Cleansing Cream. Joan Collins and Kylie Minogue swear by it!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Does it make your skin look smooth, zuly?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 08:02 PM

LQ, do you have Maybelline products over there?

I have switched to using Maybelline Dream Urban Cover: Flawless Coverage. It applies smoothly and is SPF 50.

For lighter coverage I used Neutrogena Foundation Enhancer, SPF 20. It's sheer and light.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

23-11-2019, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
LQ, do you have Maybelline products over there?

I have switched to using Maybelline Dream Urban Cover: Flawless Coverage. It applies smoothly and is SPF 50.

For lighter coverage I used Neutrogena Foundation Enhancer, SPF 20. It's sheer and light.
Yes SM we do. I'll have to try that one if its flawless. I'm going to try the Rimmel I bought the other day tomorrow as I'm going out on a special outing x
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Does it make your skin look smooth, zuly?
Yes ,I was only thinking that as I put it on today .This is what it’s about LQ.

RIMMEL WAKE ME UP FOUNDATION
Discover a cult makeup product for less than £9: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. The one with the orange lid (read: super easy to pick when you’re in a rush), this foundation is formulated to brighten and awaken your complexion with a blend of peptides and a vitamin moisturising complex. Basically, it’s a skinny latte with an extra shot for your skin.

We love this Rimmel foundation as it’s longwearing and leaves a dewy and radiant finish. Perfect for those with dry or combination skin, or looking for a light finish.
Zuleika
North West UK

07-03-2021, 04:28 PM

Moving on from the last post in here November 2019 things have changed ?
Half of our face covered when we go out ?
Have we changed our routine ?
I no longer put foundation on so I’m looking at an ever growing paler skin on my face .How about you ?
I’d like to try a tinted moisturiser if only to make me look less pale in the mirror never mind outdoors .
Which to choose ?
Recommendations please .

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top