Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 08:12 PM

Re: Brussels humiliated as Brexit Britain retains top spot for start-up investments

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
There's nothing elusive about it.

If you don't like good news about the UK you won't like this either.

"The government’s contentious decision to invest in OneWeb, the bankrupt satellite operator, has received a significant boost, with Eutelsat, the French space group, joining it as a shareholder and at a higher price.

Eutelsat is injecting $550 million into OneWeb in return for a 24 per cent stake. Last year ministers raised eyebrows in some quarters when they paid $500 million in return for a similar- sized holding.
"

Hang on.
The French buying into OneWeb?
They don't have any faith in the EU's Gallileo?

"Kwasi Kwarteng, the business secretary, seized on the Eutelsat move as a vote of confidence in the project: “Today’s investment is another giant leap forward for OneWeb in realising their ambition to provide global broadband connectivity around the globe,” he said."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/f...eweb-hksd8xnck
Yes it's reported in The Times which, being a reputable source, is subscription-only.
If you can't read it because of that and you won't use the free strial subscription you're going to have to find less-reputable sources for this news yourself or rely upon the excerpts I have posted.
I don’t recall saying i don’t like good news, only that the report was nowhere to be found and called it elusive.

If it’s not elusive then why haven’t you provided a link to the EY report you cited instead trying to avoid the question by posting various other stories. L

So? How about that link?

Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 10:23 PM

Re: Brussels humiliated as Brexit Britain retains top spot for start-up investments

There's nothing elusive about it.

If you don't like good news about the UK you won't like this either.

"[B]The
Trying to deflect the issue, are you? Unable to produce a link to the Ernst&Young report. No wonder! It was reported in the DE aimed at readers who gobble up anything positive about the sunny uplands after brexit. Just as those uplands, the report simply doesn't exist.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 10:29 PM

Hang on.
The French buying into OneWeb?
They don't have any faith in the EU's Gallileo?

Bit of an ignoramus in this field, are you? Galileo is meant for gps services.

UK, more specific dom cummings, bought into oneweb with the intention to develop a UK version of galileo. There was a snag, alas. Wrong satelites (too low an orbit). Look the debacle up if you like.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Bit of an ignoramus in this field, are you? Galileo is meant for gps services.

UK, more specific dom cummings, bought into oneweb with the intention to develop a UK version of galileo. There was a snag, alas. Wrong satelites (too low an orbit). Look the debacle up if you like.

Galileo went missing for a few weeks remember ?

Go google it up.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I don’t recall saying i don’t like good news, only that the report was nowhere to be found and called it elusive.

If it’s not elusive then why haven’t you provided a link to the EY report you cited instead trying to avoid the question by posting various other stories. L

So? How about that link?

Don't you know how to use Google or other search engines or are you simply too ruddy bone-idle and would rather just sit there moaning instead?
Next time do your own work instead of making yourself look like an argumentative fool, but just for you here you go:
https://www.ey.com/en_uk/news/2021/0...years-finds-ey

You're welcome.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

30-04-2021, 05:46 PM

Don't you know how to use Google or other search engines or are you simply too ruddy bone-idle and would rather just sit there moaning instead?
Next time do your own work instead of making yourself look like an argumentative fool, but just for you here you go:

You're welcome.
You linked article in DE refers to the barometer published today, i.e. april 27.
The link you now provide is published on april 12, and has no barometer or reference to one. In short, what you now deliver is not what was asked for.
So, do it again!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Do it again.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	15392  
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2021, 09:24 PM

You're welcome.
No, not lazy just too busy working and I fail to see how asking you to provide evidence to support your statements is mossing and neither do I consider it argumentative. however, if by your measure you consider it to be so then that would make you the most argumentative fool on the forum.

I’ll now take time to read the link you have so kindly provided
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2021, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
No, not lazy just too busy working and I fail to see how asking you to provide evidence to support your statements is mossing and neither do I consider it argumentative. however, if by your measure you consider it to be so then that would make you the most argumentative fool on the forum.

I’ll now take time to read the link you have so kindly provided
I provided evidence in my original post.
You just didn't like the source.
That doesn't mean I didn't provide the evidence.
And now that I've done what you couldn't be bothered to do you're still quibbling!
You're just upset that you cannot dispute the figures.

From the original link:

"Celebrating the UK success, Generation Frexit leader Charles-Henri Gallois tweeted: "The UK remains the epicentre of investment in start-ups.

"They doubled.

"One in three European investments goes to the UK.

"The start-up nation is outside the EU."

Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

02-05-2021, 06:02 PM

I provided evidence in my original post.
You just didn't like the source.
That doesn't mean I didn't provide the evidence.
And now that I've done what you couldn't be bothered to do you're still quibbling!
You're just upset that you cannot dispute the figures.

From the original link:

"Celebrating the UK success, Generation Frexit leader Charles-Henri Gallois tweeted: "The UK remains the epicentre of investment in start-ups.

"They doubled.

"One in three European investments goes to the UK.

"The start-up nation is outside the EU."

Obviously difficult to comprehend. You provided a link to an article on an Ernst&Young report. Any decent paper would have provided a link to that report. That the DE doesn't is telling, but doesn't reflect on EY.
However, when one tries to find the repirt on the public sites of EY, it isn't there. Still not reflecting on EY, but it means your linked article, and in extenso your claim, is unsubstatiated, and to be ignored.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

02-05-2021, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Obviously difficult to comprehend. You provided a link to an article on an Ernst&Young report. Any decent paper would have provided a link to that report. That the DE doesn't is telling, but doesn't reflect on EY.
However, when one tries to find the repirt on the public sites of EY, it isn't there. Still not reflecting on EY, but it means your linked article, and in extenso your claim, is unsubstatiated, and to be ignored.
Of course EUrophiles will ignore things they don't much like and suggestions they disagree with.
That's the EU way .
That's what led to Brexit.
That is also what will lead to further disagreement withing the EU.

Like you, the EU doesn't listen to warnings.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top