Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 05:24 PM

Salads

I'm no great salad lover. I don't mind a bit of salad as a garnish to make a proper meal look nice but I really don't enjoy it that much.

Today, after watching Scary Mary make one of her 'Super summer salads' I thought I would have ago at it and who knows? maybe even start to eat more healthily. It wasn't anything difficult; Cooked asparagus and broad beans (cooled) and served on Little gem lettuce (plus I added some pea shoots.), sliced fresh figs and goats cheese drizzled with a honey & Mustard dressing.

It was actually very nice and we both enjoyed it but that was an hour ago, now I'm feeling hungrier than I did before I ate it. I would kill for an Indian or a deep pan pizza & chips.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

26-06-2021, 05:29 PM

Re: Salads

We often have salad as a light evening meal. Greek salad is a favourite but it has to be with real Feta cheese made from sheep and goat’s milk not your imitation rubbish like Apetina made from cow’s milk. Alternatively we exchange the Feta for fried Halloumi.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
We often have salad as a light evening meal. Greek salad is a favourite but it has to be with real Feta cheese made from sheep and goat’s milk not your imitation rubbish like Apetina made from cow’s milk. Alternatively we exchange the Feta for fried Halloumi.
Ah, now fried halloumi I do like especially when coated in honey (not sure how healthy that is with honey poured over it)
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm no great salad lover. I don't mind a bit of salad as a garnish to make a proper meal look nice but I really don't enjoy it that much.

Today, after watching Scary Mary make one of her 'Super summer salads' I thought I would have ago at it and who knows? maybe even start to eat more healthily. It wasn't anything difficult; Cooked asparagus and broad beans (cooled) and served on Little gem lettuce (plus I added some pea shoots.), sliced fresh figs and goats cheese drizzled with a honey & Mustard dressing.

It was actually very nice and we both enjoyed it but that was an hour ago, now I'm feeling hungrier than I did before I ate it. I would kill for an Indian or a deep pan pizza & chips.
Salads are OK for starters but a man needs meat and potatoes to survive .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

26-06-2021, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Salads are OK for starters but a man needs meat and potatoes to survive .....
I tend to agree Omah.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

26-06-2021, 05:55 PM

I tend to agree Omah.
One of the advantages of being a woman - or half a woman is that meat and potatoes aren’t a necessity for survival
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

26-06-2021, 05:56 PM

Ah, now fried halloumi I do like especially when coated in honey (not sure how healthy that is with honey poured over it)
Totally agree
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 05:58 PM

I usually have a large bowl of salad in the fridge for snacking on. Spinach leaves, grated carrot, feta cheese cubes, olives, and cherry tomatoes. Sometimes avocado chopped through as well. Its lovely as a side dish to a meal, or on a sandwich with pastrami.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

26-06-2021, 06:04 PM

Hope it’s real feta Pixie
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 06:10 PM

Well its Greek? Does that count?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top