Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 04:35 PM

Re: Poland about to Fall Out (Of the EU)?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Perhaps so, but you can push people just so far.

Remember that the Poles were conquered by the Nazis and that's still in living memory.

On a more personal level, Polexit would benefit us. I'm sure the Poles would be open to a trade agreement with us. Add to that the distinct possibility of other East European states who are presently being bullied by the EU (notably Hungary) deciding to join them.

It must also have crossed the minds of the Brussels bureaucrats that Poland is their main satellite state keeping Russia at bay!
And I've no doubt Russia is thinking the same. I can see Putin rubbing his hands together and thinking, "Poland out of the EU and back in our clutches - fan-bloody-tastic."
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 11:55 AM

Re: Poland about to Fall Out (Of the EU)?

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
And I've no doubt Russia is thinking the same. I can see Putin rubbing his hands together and thinking, "Poland out of the EU and back in our clutches - fan-bloody-tastic."
Both of which Poland knows only too well of course, and which potentially provides great opportunities for Poland.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top