Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 09:12 PM

Re: Have a Burger.....

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Not a burger fan here, sorry.
When I was a courier and been driving for fifteen hours, and still fifty miles from home, Mcdonalds were an oasis of food, drink, and somewhere to empty your bladder Pixie....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 12:26 AM

There is always something very disappointing about a Maccas' meal so I rarely go except when travelling but even then I prefer KFC
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
There is always something very disappointing about a Maccas' meal so I rarely go except when travelling but even then I prefer KFC
I know a few people who have had nasty experiences at KFC Bruce, so I never go near them....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Chillie6 ->
Why do you never get one that looks like the picture?
They all start life like in the pic, photoshopped & all, but get ill-treated by those clumsy restauranteurs. 😐
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Never had a burger containing meat and not about to start now. The white monstrosities masquerading as bread rolls put me off before I even start on the meat.
Imagine all the bits of animal that can’t be sold as joints and there you have a burger.if I was unfortunate enough that nothing else was available to eat but a burger I would buy the meat and mince it myself.
I wouldn't eat a burger from a roadside van or backstreet caff but these global chains/franchises have a reputation to live up to. I've never had a foreign body, chewy or crunchy bit. And re the bun: it's just some nothingness to hold on to.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-07-2021, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I wouldn't eat a burger from a roadside van or backstreet caff but these global chains/franchises have a reputation to live up to. I've never had a foreign body, chewy or crunchy bit. And re the bun: it's just some nothingness to hold on to.
My feelings exactly d00d, I don't eat burgers from Mac's on a regular basis, but sometimes a big mac just hits the spot... I would prefer one of Meg's though....
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 09:35 AM

I don't know if this is true or not I heard it from a friend and she heard it from a friend of a friend.

Anyway the story goes she ordered a chicken fillet sandwich without Mayonaise from a KFC when she got it she thought they had put Mayonaise on by mistake but it didn't taste like Mayonaise....on closer inspection it turned out to be a sack of puss leaking out of the chicken......I've never been in a KFC since hearing that....I feel ill just typing this. Yuk!!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

16-07-2021, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
My feelings exactly d00d, I don't eat burgers from Mac's on a regular basis, but sometimes a big mac just hits the spot... I would prefer one of Meg's though....
It's the combo of mayo, pickle, lettuce, cheese & onion that make it! There's not a lot of meat involved. That's the difference when eating in a more upmarket joint, their burgers can be an inch thick, too much.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

16-07-2021, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I don't know if this is true or not I heard it from a friend and she heard it from a friend of a friend.

Anyway the story goes she ordered a chicken fillet sandwich without Mayonaise from a KFC when she got it she thought they had put Mayonaise on by mistake but it didn't taste like Mayonaise....on closer inspection it turned out to be a sack of puss leaking out of the chicken......I've never been in a KFC since hearing that....I feel ill just typing this. Yuk!!
Oh what a wonderful story, I must remember to pass it on .... to KFC customers.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
This sums it up perfectly as fas as I'm concerned too.
I couldn't tell you the last time I had a burger-place burger, but it was some time before lockdown.

The favourite in our house at the moment is a buffalo stroganoff burger from a Scottish online butcher and boy are those things gorgeous, but we don't have them very often.
Though if this weekend turns out as good weather-wise as promised . . . .

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top