Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 06:40 PM

Re: Storing the produce.

We have a temperature regulated cold room which is specifically made for storing such root veggies as well as boxed foods, canned foods ( which we personally canned ) and freezer foods.
If this house didn’t have a cold room we were going to build a cold cellar outside for the same thing. They work.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 10:47 PM

Weirdly, my old house actually has a vegetable/fruit cellar. I'm pretty sure that was what it was for originally although it is currently full of junk. I'm pretty sure potatoes should not be kept in the fridge.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by mups ->
hi carol,

there's some really useful information here. As you scroll down the page, you find the info on how to store new potatoes.

https://www.gardenfocused.co.uk/vege...vest-store.php
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hi Carol,

There's some really useful information here. As you scroll down the page, you find the info on how to store new potatoes.

https://www.gardenfocused.co.uk/vege...vest-store.php

Thanks Mups - that's really helpful.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top