Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 10:20 AM

And the Winner is...

Brisbane will hold the 2032 Olympic Games after a winning bid in a one horse race.

The decision was confirmed after a meeting of International Olympic Committee delegates in Tokyo this evening.

Queensland's delegation — including Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk, Brisbane Lord Mayor Adrian Schrinner and Federal Sports Minister Richard Colbeck — had to restrain themselves to standing and clapping with COVID-19 restrictions ruling out any close-contact celebrations.

All the venues already exist.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 10:27 AM

Re: And the Winner is...

Yes i saw the result tonight. I reckon "Brizvegas" will do a good show. Gold Coast did a great Com Games. Brizzy has excellent facilities and the weather is Florida without the bad bits..mostly. So it should be a great show.
Ill be 78!.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 02:02 PM

Congratulations Brisbane I am sure the Aussies will put on a good show and I look forward to the opening ceremony assuming I am still around .I will be 83
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 02:59 PM

Congratulations and celebrations

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top