Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cass1122
New Member!
Barrow in furness uk
Cass1122 is male 

28-07-2021, 02:37 AM

hair over 50

Should men dye their hair aged over 50. If so how can you make it look natural and also should they grow hair long
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 02:51 AM

Re: hair over 50

I’m not a man so I hope you don’t mind a woman’s perspective.
How you care for your hair is completely your own personal thing. Some men dye they their hair , full on while some men use that Grecian formula for a more gradual natural greying look. Then again some men go bald and wear toupee’s while others shave it all off and are perfectly fine with it.

Personally I like a man who isn’t overly fussy about his personal appearance.
Having a man that fusses more than I do wouldn’t go over well. Men who gracefully accept the fact that they are aging is attractive. Anything less than that isn’t really accepting reality.
My guy is half bald and shaves his head. It really suites him and it is obvious that he’s comfortable with it.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 04:24 AM

Hair ? Hmm, I have more hair growing on my eye brows and out my ears than on my head. Nuture's dirty trick on men. I keep what little I have I keep shorn very, very short. I have my own electric shears and cut my own. no sense spending money on a dead garden.
One very bizarre thing about me. Up until I was about age 25, my hair was platinum blonde. Now it's a mix of very dark brown and light gray. weird.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Cass1122 ->
Should men dye their hair aged over 50. If so how can you make it look natural and also should they grow hair long
I think it is totally up to each man to dye or not. Long hair ? Personally I think it looks ok PROVIDED he still has a full head of hair.

Having said that, mick Fleetwood looks just fine. However, I can't imagine Mick Jagger being nearly bald.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	R.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	16425   Click image for larger version

Name:	James-Brown-was-annoyed-when-Stones-closed-show-instead-of-him-says-Mick-Jagger.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	16426  
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 06:09 AM

Personally I think men who dye their hair look rather ridiculous. Paul McCartney for example used to dye his chestnut or similar, and with an old face to me he resembled Ken Dodd. It rarely looks natural - and most women quite like the salt and pepper look IMO. Same goes for older women too, a flat dyed brown or auburn or worse - jet black - looks terrible.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 07:49 AM

I don’t think it’s for me to say if men should dye their hair at a certain age, entirely up to them, it wouldn’t bother me, as for growing their hair long again their decision .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 08:19 AM

I agree with opinions here that it is entirely a mans decision to grow their hair or dye it. However, personally speaking, men look better just as they are, au natural. Have a chat to a hairdresser if you are making changes - they are better placed to advise what will suit you.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 08:33 AM

I don't think they should dye their or grow their hair long. But their choice.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 10:24 AM

No no no
Dyed hair is so obvious because it is almost impossible to replicate natural hair which is made up of a multitude of colours , dyed hair looks a flat colour and unless redone every few weeks the roots show.

I would run a mile from man with dyed hair, for me it signifies vanity and I don't like vain men .

Cass I bet you wish you had never asked
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 12:51 PM

Dyed hair on a man is so obvious, and to me, looks ridiculous.

What many men don’t realise is the fact that the majority of men look far more dignified with the lovely silver/grey hair in their older years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top