Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 01:45 PM

Re: Where’s The Predicted Second Outbreak Of Covid-19?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Not at all Tessa.

You make a valid point.

It spreads easier indoors and at colder temperatures.

It still spreads however in warmer temperatures with no social distancing and a lack of hand hygiene.
It spreads due to enclosed spaces hot or cold. You are more likely to have a window open if its hot out. But in countries where people live on top of each other in crowded accommodation it will spread whatever the weather. So over here we should expect a second wave in autumn when we retreat inside. Or maybe when they open pubs... Schools are being told to open all windows during classes.

There was a study that found it spreads in a meeting room with those who are asymptomatic just through air droplets if they are close to you. So over a table. I don't buy the 1 metre idea.

They are keeping bodies in mortuaries for weeks. Covid deaths and other causes all have to wait. I think it's only Muslims who can bury faster because of the religion.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Actually, the scientists say the UV in sunlight can kill 90% of the virus it destroys the coating of the virus. Also the reason why meat factories are central to new outbreaks is because they're cold.
I remember people asking why we weren't spraying the streets, scientists said it was useless, the sun would do a better job. I thought it odd that hot countries were having outbreaks at the time.

But then someone will say I'm making that up I expect.
I am not sure if verified, but have heard it can spread through air conditioning. They were also due to carry out tests on animals to see whether it was spreading through the meat.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 11:31 PM

I just read on MSN.com, as reported in The Daily Mail, that the virus has mutated in the U.S., Canada, and the UK. This new, mutated form is supposedly 10 times more infectious than the original virus. NOT 10 TIMES MORE DEADLY. JUST THAT YOU ARE 10 TIMES MORE LIKELY TO BECOME INFECTED. ONCE INFECTED WITH THIS NEW MUTATED STRAIN, YOU WILL NOT BECOME MORE SICK OR MORE LIKELY TO DIE.
This new bugger, is not done with us, by a long shot. In fact, it is just now gathering steam.

Jeez, what next ? Flies, fleas, frogs, and locusts ?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I just read on MSN.com, as reported in The Daily Mail, that the virus has mutated in the U.S., Canada, and the UK. This new, mutated form is supposedly 10 times more infectious than the original virus. NOT 10 TIMES MORE DEADLY. JUST THAT YOU ARE 10 TIMES MORE LIKELY TO BECOME INFECTED. ONCE INFECTED WITH THIS NEW MUTATED STRAIN, YOU WILL NOT BECOME MORE SICK OR MORE LIKELY TO DIE.
This new bugger, is not done with us, by a long shot. In fact, it is just now gathering steam.

Jeez, what next ? Flies, fleas, frogs, and locusts ?
No, just another variation on pig flu from China it seems: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ists-warn.html
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 08:08 PM

Well Leics is now in official lockdown.
Oh Lord .
I despair TBH
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

01-07-2020, 12:09 AM

The explanation for why Leicester is being locked is puzzling. I can't make head nor tail of the figures in this article. But it does seem we are not seeing all the information being shared. I'm finding it hard to trust the data these days. Seems very understated.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-RISING.html
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The explanation for why Leicester is being locked is puzzling. I can't make head nor tail of the figures in this article. But it does seem we are not seeing all the information being shared. I'm finding it hard to trust the data these days. Seems very understated.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-RISING.html
On 28-06-2020, I posted

First local lockdown could be enforced in Leicester 'within days' after surge in cases

https://www.telegraph.co.uk

The Health Secretary Matt Hancock is reportedly examining the legislation required for the shutdown after it was revealed that there have been 658 cases of the coronavirus in the Leicester area in the fortnight to June 16.

The Department of Health and Social Care today stopped short of saying a local lockdown was likely for Leicester, but acknowledged the city was an area of concern as it urged residents in the city to be vigilant against the virus, according to The Sunday Times.

Leicester 'could be locked down' says home secretary

https://www.bbc.co.uk

Speaking on the BBC's Andrew Marr Show, Ms Patel said it was "correct" that the government was considering the move, reported in The Sunday Times.

About 25% of Leicester's 2,494 confirmed Covid-19 cases were reported in the two weeks before 16 June.
and on 28-06-2020:

https://www.bbc.co.uk

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said Leicester accounted for "10% of all positive cases in the country over the past week".

Mr Hancock said the number of positive coronavirus cases in Leicester was "three times higher than the next highest city", and the relaxation of shielding measures on 6 July - which will allow the most clinical-vulnerable to spend more time outside - will also not take place in Leicester.

Leicester City Council said in a statement: "The latest figures obtained by the city council show that 3,216 Covid-19 cases have been confirmed in Leicester since the start of the epidemic. Of these, 944 cases were reported in the last two weeks.
https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=68913 (Local Outbreak)

So, from those figures, one can see the requirement for immediate action.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2020, 01:16 AM

The PHE figures in the DM are at variance with these:

where Bradford, Barnsley and Rochdale are the "hotspots" .....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

01-07-2020, 01:52 AM

The figures on the apparently official data say it's 1059. What's the point of having an official source when it's totally at odds with reality?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

01-07-2020, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The figures on the apparently official data say it's 1059. What's the point of having an official source when it's totally at odds with reality?
I think that's what local councils are saying ..... they know that the pandemic is far from over but the government insists that it's under control while witholding contradictory data and persisting with "relaxation of lockdown".

Well, if opening up the streets, the lanes and the beaches has not "officially" initiated a "second wave" then opening up pubs and restaurants surely will, along with creating mounds of detritus, human and otherwise .....

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top