Join for free
Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 05:34 PM

Re: Roxy in the hotseat.

Hi again Roxy.
Sorry about this but it's another couple on country music.

Are you into the so-called "outlaws" of that genre - Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson etc.?

And would you say that Glen Campbell was more of an easy-listening artist than a country star?

Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hi again Roxy.
Sorry about this but it's another couple on country music.

Are you into the so-called "outlaws" of that genre - Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson etc.?

And would you say that Glen Campbell was more of an easy-listening artist than a country star?

Yes Floydy That seems to be about right, I like Classic Country and Johnny Cash n Willie Nelson fit into that slot. I was never much fond of Glen Campbell but he's easy listening.
The Country Men I like are Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley, Tim McGraw, Garth Brooks.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 05:47 PM

I bet line dancing,was great to teach,Roxy,..did you ever encounter,any who,didn't know their right foot from their left?...did you find it exhausting ?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I bet line dancing,was great to teach,Roxy,..did you ever encounter,any who,didn't know their right foot from their left?...did you find it exhausting ?
It was exhausting and soooo hot at the big dances, so much so we used to take a change of clothes with us to put on at half time break. I was dripping as were we all lol.
Most new people said to me when they started "Oh I've two left feet" and I always said to them "can you do the Slosh?" most said "yes" and I said "then you can linedance" lol

Anyone just starting out I would take aside and put them through the basic steps, they always tried to hide in the back row of the class so as no one would see them but they didn't think what would happen when the dance turned and they found themselves facing a blank wall lol. So I got them in the middle and they always had someone in front to follow.

It was really great to teach and we had some hysterical times in class. Really hate that I had to give it up. Also it kept me so fit.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 07:13 PM

Roxy

What is your ideal man?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

27-07-2018, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Roxy

What is your ideal man?
The one I have now lol. He has shoulder length dark hair tied back, is just over 6ft to my 5ft 3in. He's strong and quiet, I've never seen him drunk and he doesn't smoke. He loves animals and handles them with ease. Not much seems to faze him either. He can look like a 16th century Highland Warrior when he wants lol. He's 8 years younger than me, and that bothered me a bit in the beginning.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 08:23 PM

Hi Roxy

Where is your 'happy place'
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

27-07-2018, 08:30 PM

It's a very small Bay a few miles along the coast called Strathy Bay, it's very lonely and the water's wild and rough through the rocks, even on a calm day and it can be downright dangerous during the Winter Storms. But it always settles me.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 10:06 PM

Hi Roxy
Do you have any phobias?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
It's a very small Bay a few miles along the coast called Strathy Bay, it's very lonely and the water's wild and rough through the rocks, even on a calm day and it can be downright dangerous during the Winter Storms. But it always settles me.
That is beautiful Roxy. Is there a pub nearby? I could see myself retiring to somewhere like that.

Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top