Join for free
Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 09:50 PM

Re: Doctors say it is Racist to charge NHS Health Tourists!

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Of course once we start redirecting to the Netherlands even that tiny threat will disappear .
Fair trade off. You send us the medical challeges, we send you all EU criminals. You can't identify them anymore:
no-deal Brexit could have a "serious effect" on the ability of the police to fight crime, a watchdog has warned. Biometrics commissioner Paul Wiles raised the concerns in his annual report which was submitted to Parliament on Thursday. In it, he said: "The last year has been dominated by concern about the possible effects of Brexit on European exchanges and cooperation. If the UK is excluded from the main exchange mechanisms, that would have a serious effect on the police ability to deal with inter-country and international criminality.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Fair trade off. You send us the medical challeges, we send you all EU criminals. You can't identify them anymore:
no-deal Brexit could have a "serious effect" on the ability of the police to fight crime, a watchdog has warned. Biometrics commissioner Paul Wiles raised the concerns in his annual report which was submitted to Parliament on Thursday. In it, he said: "The last year has been dominated by concern about the possible effects of Brexit on European exchanges and cooperation. If the UK is excluded from the main exchange mechanisms, that would have a serious effect on the police ability to deal with inter-country and international criminality.
Don't overlook Interpol.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 09:58 PM

Another excuse to shortcut the statute book.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
What makes you think privatisation will make healthcare in this country affordable?

They are starting to go the other way :

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/clinical...038426.article
If you have any brains left in your country, you cherish the NHS. In my country the insurance companies close yearly contracts with hospitals. The result is that, insured by company X, I cannot visit the hospital one mile from where I live for infertility treatment, but have to go to a hospital 20 kilometers off. Whereas when I was insured by company Y, I could visit the nearby hospital. That nearby hospital has a contract with company Y but not with X. Patients insured with X have to travel 20 km. on their own costs.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 10:12 PM

If you have any brains left in your country, you cherish the NHS. In my country the insurance companies close yearly contracts with hospitals. The result is that, insured by company X, I cannot visit the hospital one mile from where I live for infertility treatment, but have to go to a hospital 20 kilometers off. Whereas when I was insured by company Y, I could visit the nearby hospital. That nearby hospital has a contract with company Y but not with X. Patients insured with X have to travel 20 km. on their own costs.
That does happen here in the UK too. An NHS optician was required for a special eye test to do with a family member being diabetic. An appointment was made with an NHS optician 23 miles (37 kms) away, a quick phone call resulted in an appointment with an NHS optician just 4 miles (6 kms) away!

Apparently, so the comment went, nobody had realised where tha patient lived yet had sent an appointment by post to the home address!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 10:50 PM

Some people here think the grass is greener on the other side....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

27-06-2019, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
That does happen here in the UK too. An NHS optician was required for a special eye test to do with a family member being diabetic. An appointment was made with an NHS optician 23 miles (37 kms) away, a quick phone call resulted in an appointment with an NHS optician just 4 miles (6 kms) away!

Apparently, so the comment went, nobody had realised where tha patient lived yet had sent an appointment by post to the home address!
But everybody accepted it was a stupid mistake by the system. What is here the regular system is stupid too, but it is accepted as no mistake.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

27-06-2019, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Don't overlook Interpol.
I don't, but have look on their internet site what is now considered their job and what the national police's.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 06:44 AM

I don't, but have look on their internet site what is now considered their job and what the national police's.
Understand Interpol.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2019, 08:25 AM

But everybody accepted it was a stupid mistake by the system. What is here the regular system is stupid too, but it is accepted as no mistake.
Yes, maybe but these 'mistakes' happen all the time and there seems nothing that can be done about it.

Another example, same family. Three members each needed to have a scan, a check to see that serious genetic problems had not been passed on. Three appointments were made on two different days, on one day the two appointments made were one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Putting aside the travel to the same place twice, parking at the hospital is both horrendous and costly. We should not have to pay for parking anyway, it's a hospital where unwell people go for investigations and possibly treatment!

Why could not those appointments have been made on the same day one after the other, it's absolutely ridiculous!

These are small problems I know but added up people are getting really fed-up with it all!

Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top