Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 08:14 PM

secrets of coronavirus

I have a friend who works in care and she was told something today that is quite shocking. She shouldn't really have told me as it's confidential and people aren't supposed to know but she feels it should be out there.

There is a care home around here which houses dementia patients who live there for the rest of their days. Since the pandemic began no one has been allowed to visit and the home has been kept covid free all through the past year.

However, just recently a patient took a nasty fall and was taken to hospital and then brought back with no advice to the home to isolate him. He was mingling with and eating with all the other residents, with freedom of the place and it turns out he fell ill with Covid which he had obviously picked up in hospital.

The secret is out that out of the 38 residents in that home only 15 survived meaning 23 of them died. They have been told they musn't disclose it because they don't want the papers getting hold of the 'story'

We all know the virus is running riot right now and I think Boris did right in locking us down but there are still people out there carrying on because we are locked down.

You know, I am beginning to wonder if we are in the middle of World War 3, a germ warfare. Why else would every government of every country in the world lock down knowing the financial ruin we may all face with the decline in economy.

Am I being far fetched or could there be some truth in my fears.

This virus is taking our elderly and vulnerable at an alarming rate, as we know the NHS is becoming overstretched and even with this new vaccine, what happens when the next mutation comes, will they be able to keep pushing out new vaccines all the time?

I can imagine some of you are reading this and thinking I am a drama queen and being totally depressing bearing much gloom, but what if I'm right?

All I know is something is going on in the world that is frightening. I still feel like I'm living in some kind of disaster movie, it's all so surreal even though it's been going on a year almost.

Could the Spanish flu of 1918 been a germ warfare, after all they were just coming out of the 1st world war when it hit.

Hmmm, am I becoming a conspiracy theorist. I dunno, all I know is I wish I knew the truth.
braveheart
Edinburgh
braveheart is male  braveheart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 08:39 PM

Re: secrets of coronavirus

It's a sad situation but who do we blame, perhaps the hospital should have told the home to isolate the man or perhaps the home should have taken it upon themselves to isolate him. I live in Scotland and the First Minister has managed so far to be one step ahead but still that is not enough. I feel that some people do not take this seriously enough and as a result it is continually being spread. It will be with us for a while yet, so take care and be safe. Jim
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 09:04 PM

We don't know everything that is going on with this horrible disease, but what you have said about the care sector is not a secret.

In March last year, hospitals were kicking patients back to care/nursing homes as fast as they could, concerned they would be swamped by pandemic victims.
The problem was that they pushed out people who were already infected, which is the reason why so many people died in care homes during the first lockdown.

As for the Spanish flue of 1918, it was traced back to two farm boys in America. They spread it as they journeyed to the front lines, by travelling on troop trains, troop ships, towns and cities in Europe, and eventually it spread to half the world, killing about nineteen million people in the process.

The governments involved in WW1 on both sides censored the news about this plague.
It was a neutral country that eventually made the world aware of its devastating existence, Spain, which is how it came to be named after the first place to report it, not the place where it originated.

I wonder if dear Mr Trump knew this.

Covid 19 is a member of the SARS type of respiratory diseases that normally originate in a non-human animal that cross infects another type of non-human animal that then cross infects humans, the disease mutating and forming different variants as it does so.

Whilst it is possible that Covid 19 was person made, historically this is not the case. It is most likely that the disease originated somewhere in China and the cross infections to humans may or may not have happened at an live animal market, or via some other chain of animals and cross infections.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 09:09 PM

I do remember there was a meeting of world leaders just before it all started.... but what do l know?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I do remember there was a meeting of world leaders just before it all started.... but what do l know?
Yes, I heard about that too Arty
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

05-01-2021, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
We don't know everything that is going on with this horrible disease, but what you have said about the care sector is not a secret.

In March last year, hospitals were kicking patients back to care/nursing homes as fast as they could, concerned they would be swamped by pandemic victims.
The problem was that they pushed out people who were already infected, which is the reason why so many people died in care homes during the first lockdown.

As for the Spanish flue of 1918, it was traced back to two farm boys in America. They spread it as they journeyed to the front lines, by travelling on troop trains, troop ships, towns and cities in Europe, and eventually it spread to half the world, killing about nineteen million people in the process.

The governments involved in WW1 on both sides censored the news about this plague.
It was a neutral country that eventually made the world aware of its devastating existence, Spain, which is how it came to be named after the first place to report it, not the place where it originated.

I wonder if dear Mr Trump knew this.

Covid 19 is a member of the SARS type of respiratory diseases that normally originate in a non-human animal that cross infects another type of non-human animal that then cross infects humans, the disease mutating and forming different variants as it does so.

Whilst it is possible that Covid 19 was person made, historically this is not the case. It is most likely that the disease originated somewhere in China and the cross infections to humans may or may not have happened at an live animal market, or via some other chain of animals and cross infections.
Sorry Fruity, I meant this particular care home had wanted it kept a secret, it got out and it's only a matter of time when it's in our local news I reckon.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by braveheart ->
It's a sad situation but who do we blame, perhaps the hospital should have told the home to isolate the man or perhaps the home should have taken it upon themselves to isolate him. I live in Scotland and the First Minister has managed so far to be one step ahead but still that is not enough. I feel that some people do not take this seriously enough and as a result it is continually being spread. It will be with us for a while yet, so take care and be safe. Jim
The nursing home covid death rate is considerably higher in Scotland than in the other 3 regions of the UK. Mistakes were made early on with patients discharged to nursing homes after testing positive.
https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4225
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 09:59 PM

Queenie, several things come to mind about your post.

Firstly, do you know all the facts do you think?

Secondly, do we know if this elderly gentleman was tested before he left hospital?
Did the care home request this?

Third, on the surface, it seems the hospital was very remiss - BUT so was the care home.
If it was my Dad who has died in this way, I would want to know why the care home management had not requested specific after care instructions if the hospital had not supplied any. After all, if they know enough to be not allowing visitors, you would think they would have also had enough sense to separate that gentleman at least until they were supplied with proper care instructions.

And what about all the staff? Did they succumb too? I would definitely thought his spe ific carers would have done, the ones who bathed, dressed and fed him and changed his bedding anyway.

Regarding germ warfare .... . I have said this from the beginning, and i still think so, too.
Months ago I likened it to the Salisbury poisoning, but this is more sophisticated.
I also suspect our government know this, but proving it is another matter.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 10:00 PM

I think that’s the case in most care homes LQ, in the early days there was confusion over what to do, I could tell you some things that happened in the care home where I work, I think when this is all finally over, the press and the legal profession are going to have a field day
Incidentally, did you know that members of the care profession don’t get paid ( except ssp) if they are sent home to self isolate?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

05-01-2021, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Queenie, several things come to mind about your post.

Firstly, do you know all the facts do you think?

Secondly, do we know if this elderly gentleman was tested before he left hospital?
Did the care home request this?

Third, on the surface, it seems the hospital was very remiss - BUT so was the care home.
If it was my Dad who has died in this way, I would want to know why the care home management had not requested specific after care instructions if the hospital had not supplied any. After all, if they know enough to be not allowing visitors, you would think they would have also had enough sense to separate that gentleman at least until they were supplied with proper care instructions.

And what about all the staff? Did they succumb too? I would definitely thought his spe ific carers would have done, the ones who bathed, dressed and fed him and changed his bedding anyway.

Regarding germ warfare .... . I have said this from the beginning, and i still think so, too.
Months ago I likened it to the Salisbury poisoning, but this is more sophisticated.
I also suspect our government know this, but proving it is another matter.
Hi Mupsy

No, I don't know all the facts, I'm telling you what my friend told me her boss had told her today, she works in another care home, not the one in question.

I am going to ask her tomorrow about the staff when I speak to her.

I don't know if he had a covid test before he left the hospital.

The care home was definitely at fault too, they should have isolated that man for 10 or 14 days instead he was left to stroll around mingling with the other residents.

I wonder if there is already and investigation going on and this is why they were trying to keep it hush hush.

Things like this usually do get out. The management from that care home need dismissing, they were totally irresponsible in allowing that man to mingle.

Incidentally, the man died of Covid too, he wasn't one of those who survived

I think I will be reading about this in the papers any day soon .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top