Join for free
Page 4 of 29 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 10:48 PM

Re: Anyone prepping for an Oct No-Deal?

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We control what comes into out country.

I cant see France wanting to blockade it's own exports.

Hi

I agree, It won't

It will simply move production from the UK to the EU.

We no longer own our exporters, we have sold them.

They are no longer in our Control.

Such is life, get over it,
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We control what comes into out country.

I cant see France wanting to blockade it's own exports.
I couldn't care less if they do. I never buy anything French.

Somerset Brie instead of French Brie, for example.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yep, me.

I have transferred Money abroad in case of a fall of the £.

This is for my Son's Medical Bills.

I have 7 months supply of cigarettes at 20 a day here already.

I have another 3 years worth arriving before Brexit Day.

I have Contracts worth £400 a Week for the next 3 years in the event of a No Deal.

Courtesy of my Ex.

She is on £200 an hour.

No Deal is a huge earner for some.

It will not Benefit ordinary people.

What?

That's an awful lot of fags for a man who said he had stopped a few months back!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 11:15 PM

Hi

Yep, me.

I have transferred Money abroad in case of a fall of the £.

This is for my Son's Medical Bills.

I have 7 months supply of cigarettes at 20 a day here already.

I have another 3 years worth arriving before Brexit Day.

I have Contracts worth £400 a Week for the next 3 years in the event of a No Deal.

Courtesy of my Ex.

She is on £200 an hour.

No Deal is a huge earner for some.

It will not Benefit ordinary people.
Swimmy - I thought you had stopped smoking in favour of vaping - and what sort of contracts are we talking about here - you have said you are too ill to work - so I hope they are not mafia type 'contracts!!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Bitcoins!
I don't understand 'bitcoins' or how it works, but they found one thousand mining computers in Iran.. I think it's quite the thing in the Middle East due to sanctions and no cash flow. In fact , maybe that's were it originated .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-48799155
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Susan68 ->
I just wondered if anyone was stocking up on extra food incase of problems? and for what kind of period? 6 weeks? 6 months?
I am more worried about medications because there are already shortages due to manufacturing issues and licences having to be renewed. It takes time to licence alternative supply chains.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Swimmy - I thought you had stopped smoking in favour of vaping - and what sort of contracts are we talking about here - you have said you are too ill to work - so I hope they are not mafia type 'contracts!!
Hi

The cigarettes are Currency.

I do vape, but a stressful day with Guy, I have 3 or 4 cigarettes.

My Lodgers pay me in cigarettes, suits me, suits them .

I am currently paying for Guy's Medical Bills.

They are not cheap, around £1600 a month.

I am too ill to fly long haul, the pressure in my skull would finish me.

My time of earning £600 a day as a Close Protection Officer are over.

I can now only work a couple of days a week at a fraction of that, subject to Tax as well.

It is easy money.

A No Deal Brexit is great for me.

No risk, no danger.

Just signing a few Certificates.

I have my Enhanced HACCAP.

An EU Certificate of Competence., no great shakes, they will recognise it.

They cannot do otherwise.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 06:59 AM

Hi

The cigarettes are Currency.

I do vape, but a stressful day with Guy, I have 3 or 4 cigarettes.

My Lodgers pay me in cigarettes, suits me, suits them .
LOL, Swimmy, that made me think of Ronnie Barker in 'Porridge'!

My time of earning £600 a day as a Close Protection Officer are over.
Is that the same as a 'bodyguard' ?

I have my Enhanced HACCAP.
I have Level 3 - it was a fascinating course to do.
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I am more worried about medications because there are already shortages due to manufacturing issues and licences having to be renewed. It takes time to licence alternative supply chains.
yes that too. Mine have a longish shelf life. I had bought some extra in for March but if they keep putting the exit date back they are going to have expired before they get used! ... and it's the NOT knowing exactly how much you'd need if you need them daily ..6 weeks worth or 6 months worth? not really something I can afford to wait until the day and see what happens when it's something you can't live without! ..especially if I might not have any money at that time.

With no idea when that letter is coming I've got 2 months extra food in for me and the dog so all I've got to use money for is to cover basic bills and hope they make a quick decision!

I'll still lose around £250 a month though which will make saving up for the big expenses more difficult, especially if we end up having to pay for health insurance too as an added outgoing.
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yes of course I was joking, Susan. A play on words from the ridiculous leaflets that were banded about in the early 1980's (and Frankie Goes To Hollwood's 'Two Tribes' single etc).
You'll get used my own particular style of wit in time love.

Prepping for a No Deal? No, because nobody knows what would actually happen yet. It's all different theories from scaremongers at present. let's wait nearer the time - if that time actually comes.
yes I thought I detected an hint of sarcasm, which was why I used the smiley in my reply!

I realise some of it is 'fake news' but if it wasn't even a possibility why are the govt prepping for it? Why have the NHS bought loads of fridges for 'extra' medication??? Why are they buying services from companies that don't even have any ferries yet???

I'm not getting this stuff from papers like 'The Sun' and social media l ..but articles from companies who represent the food industry, medication/drugs industry or farmers (Countryfile have covered it on their program) and it's been mentioned on more serious news programs on TV.

I'm afraid I can't afford to wait until nearer the day and hope for the best, incase chaos reigns and I can't get hold of food and meds. Not in a position i can get to a supermarket easily anyway to fight over the last can of beans and loaf of bread if that's what it came down to!

I'd rather be 'ready' and be able to put my feet up and relax cos I know I at least have enough food and meds in for me and the dog for a good couple of months while things settle down.

I fear there's not the same kind of spirit that was about in the wars. With the development of social media people seem to get very aggressive towards others very quickly and many have grown up with everything on demand and demanding what they believe is their right to have. ie all the knife crime going on, particularly in London (so glad I don't live there, or Ireland right now!), children/young teens raping and killing other people, the protesters and people over here will be influenced by the yellow vest protests in Paris and the ones going on in Hong Kong at the minute, will things get as violent over here if remainers don't get there own way by 31st Oct? or 'hard-core' brexiteers don't?

As someone who wouldn't be able to defend myself physically from attack and would likely be seen as an 'easy target' to steal from if people were desperate, the climate right now is very worrying!

Page 4 of 29 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top