Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 11:43 AM

Re: Full English Breakfast

I always think it is a waste having bacon for breakfast (proper bacon not the thin wet stuff) and prefer to have it with a jacket potato or some other thing with cheese and a little tomato and basil salad.

Porridge is a must here for breakfast and never varies.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I always think it is a waste having bacon for breakfast (proper bacon not the thin wet stuff) and prefer to have it with a jacket potato or some other thing with cheese and a little tomato and basil salad.

Porridge is a must here for breakfast and never varies.
No matter what time of day it is bacon is never a waste Meg

Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 12:22 PM

I was once served uncooked tomato as part of the `Full English`-I have a very nasty `glance`
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 01:25 PM

Funnily enough my friend and I had an all day English breakfast for lunch out on Friday. It consisted of 2 rashers of bacon, 2 sausages, fried bread, fried tomatoes, 2 eggs, baked beans, hash brownies and a slice of toast, cost 3 euros. I had mine minus the sausages, beans and hash brownies and still couldn't eat it all. It was good value though.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Funnily enough my friend and I had an all day English breakfast for lunch out on Friday. It consisted of 2 rashers of bacon, 2 sausages, fried bread, fried tomatoes, 2 eggs, baked beans, hash brownies and a slice of toast, cost 3 euros. I had mine minus the sausages, beans and hash brownies and still couldn't eat it all. It was good value though.

Now THAT is a full cooked breakfast - fabulous!!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 02:15 PM

The only day I allow myself to have a cooked breakfast is on a Sunday morning, it just don't seem sunday without my bacon. I like a baquette or piece cut off a french stick, with bacon, mushroom and cooked tomatos.
This, along with a builders mug of tea and the sunday paper makes me a very happy bunny.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 02:18 PM

Is it only me that likes fried bread !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2016, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Is it only me that likes fried bread !

Absolutely not darlin' - lovely crispy golden brown fried slice(s) - Mmmmmmm
solo
UK

10-01-2016, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Absolutely not darlin' - lovely crispy golden brown fried slice(s) - Mmmmmmm
Thank goodness UJ...a full English also had kidneys at one time and they have now disappeared. Fried bread seems to be going the same way
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

10-01-2016, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Thank goodness UJ...a full English also had kidneys at one time and they have now disappeared. Fried bread seems to be going the same way

Yes and chicken livers too!!!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top