Join for free
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 33,301
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-03-2017, 04:37 PM
1

Changes to come

I wasn't aware of all this, so posting it for anyone else who may not be aware also.



28th March 2017 New 12-sided 1 coin entered circulation.

5th May 2017 Old 'non-polymer 5 notes withdrawn

15th October '17 Od 1 coin withdrawn

September '17 New polymer 10 notes launch

2020 (date TBC) New polymer 20 notes launch



So raid those piggy banks and get rid of those old pound coins and fivers pretty soon.
Reply With Quote
Mags's Avatar
Mags
Supervisor
Mags is offline
South West UK
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 36,120
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-03-2017, 04:49 PM
2

Re: Changes to come

Thanks Mups, that's a useful list

I have a tin full of 1 coins incase I need them for change

Has anyone received one of the new 1 coins yet?
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 14,338
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-03-2017, 04:53 PM
3

Re: Changes to come

Hi

Nope. but I have emptied my coins drawer.

I put all my change in there every night.

Spent 243 yesterday in 1 coins.
Reply With Quote
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 33,301
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-03-2017, 05:02 PM
4

Re: Changes to come

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope. but I have emptied my coins drawer.

I put all my change in there every night.

Spent 243 yesterday in 1 coins.


Not all at the same shop I hope - they must have loved you.
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 14,338
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-03-2017, 05:07 PM
5

Re: Changes to come

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Not all at the same shop I hope - they must have loved you.
Hi

No, Corals, not the Betting Shop, aquarium shops

I had to go to Chester and Stoke yesterday, so stopped of at the Marine Fish places.

Loved it, but absolutely shattered today.
Reply With Quote
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 33,301
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-03-2017, 05:12 PM
6

Re: Changes to come

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

No, Corals, not the Betting Shop, aquarium shops

I had to go to Chester and Stoke yesterday, so stopped of at the Marine Fish places.

Loved it, but absolutely shattered today.


Ah, but it's a nicer sort of 'shattered' if you enjoyed what you were doing though, a sort of 'content' shattered.
Did you buy some more fish?
Reply With Quote
Old Dog
Senior Member
Old Dog is offline
Suffolk
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 111
Old Dog is male  Old Dog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-03-2017, 05:27 PM
7

Re: Changes to come

Believe Banks have to always accept old notes, even white fivers if you were daft enough to pay one in, so no need to panic about old fivers.

Coins on the other hand do need sorting out.
Reply With Quote
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 33,301
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-03-2017, 05:34 PM
8

Re: Changes to come

Originally Posted by Old Dog ->
Believe Banks have to always accept old notes, even white fivers if you were daft enough to pay one in, so no need to panic about old fivers.

Coins on the other hand do need sorting out.


This is what the Bank of England say, Old Dog:



What is legal tender?

What happens if I still have paper 5 notes after 5 May 2017?
All Bank of England notes retain their face value for all time. If your bank, building society or Post Office is not willing to accept these notes they can be exchanged with the Bank of England in London by post or in person.
Reply With Quote
Rehab44's Avatar
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Rehab44 is offline
Midlands
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 8,703
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-03-2017, 05:34 PM
9

Re: Changes to come

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I wasn't aware of all this, so posting it for anyone else who may not be aware also.



28th March 2017 New 12-sided 1 coin entered circulation.

5th May 2017 Old 'non-polymer 5 notes withdrawn

15th October '17 Od 1 coin withdrawn

September '17 New polymer 10 notes launch

2020 (date TBC) New polymer 20 notes launch



So raid those piggy banks and get rid of those old pound coins and fivers pretty soon.
Or donate them to the Rehab Drinking Fund?
Reply With Quote
Mups's Avatar
Mups
Chatterbox
Mups is offline
Northamptonshire
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 33,301
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
29-03-2017, 05:35 PM
10

Re: Changes to come

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Or donate them to the Rehab Drinking Fund?


On yer bike!
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.