Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 02:15 PM

Re: Water meter

Recently we received our Water Bill and, lo and behold we were right last year so it' going back down to £27 per month.

Last year they insisted we'd used the equivalent of 200 baths extra the previous year to justify hoiking up our monthly Direct Debit.

I argued that it didn't make sense and besides, their bill had an estimated reading when access to the meter is right outside the property so what was the excuse for the estimate.

Of course there was no reply only another email telling me to get an independent contractor in to check for leaks beyond the meter as they were adamant that there had been no leaks.

This was a blatant lie because I'd informed them of water coming out of the meter point and it took them well over a week to see to that.

We've also had their people knocking on doors a few times over the [U][past year/U] asking if we had anything running that used more water than a flush of the cistern because, they said, they couldn't trace a leak!

One last thing that pees me off again - the final reading,an estimate again. stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 04:09 PM

It's always been a fear of ours they will meter our water, showering and washing several times a day, and 2-3 loads of washing a day, yes would be scary to have it metered.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's always been a fear of ours they will meter our water, showering and washing several times a day, and 2-3 loads of washing a day, yes would be scary to have it metered.
Our neighbours are the same and we were apprehensive as we do have a garden we love but when we agreed to a Water Meter we could have it removed at any time if we didn't want it but it was so much cheaper it seemed silly going back to unmetered.

We were told that our bills would be 100% accurate but that promise has turned out to be a lie as we have found out but we've had water butts for our plants for years so that worry was unfounded really.

I don't know what the situation is now but we had a year to decide if we wanted to keep the meter and it was worth it as it saved us £204 in that first year.

Our neighbours are now paying double what we will be paying as of March and there's only two of them, like us.

I know what I prefer. stevmk2

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top