Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 12:05 AM

Re: Ford Fusion?

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Well done. The eBay one sold for £700.
Hoping my mate will give me the go ahead with the Renault. Even if he doesn't I will still go for it I think

Mate said it was worth a look so will try and take a look at it tomorrow.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 02:18 AM

If youve got £2k to spend on a used car then I'd be thinking of spending £1500 and keeping back £500 for repairs.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 06:21 PM

Well, I've been and gone and done it!

Just bought a Fiesta Flame, 3 door, 1.4l petrol; 2005 with only 22,000 miles on the clock, immaculate condition, 4 new tyres, and the spare is the original, unused

£2,600 which is right at the top of my price range, but I thought it was worth it for this car

I've spent the past couple of weeks searching, Googling, and calculating, but there comes a point where you just have to do it

Incidentally, I bumped into someone who was parking his Meganne, and told him I was choosing between that and a Fiesta. Quick as a flash he said that I should get a Fiesta. The Meganne has key cards and they are a real problem; and the rest of the electrics are a bit iffy too
I mentioned to the dealer when I bought the Fiesta that I had considered a Meganne, and he said the same thing - the key cards and electrics are a pain; I won't stock them
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2016, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Well, I've been and gone and done it!

Just bought a Fiesta Flame, 3 door, 1.4l petrol; 2005 with only 22,000 miles on the clock, immaculate condition, 4 new tyres, and the spare is the original, unused

£2,600 which is right at the top of my price range, but I thought it was worth it for this car

I've spent the past couple of weeks searching, Googling, and calculating, but there comes a point where you just have to do it

Incidentally, I bumped into someone who was parking his Meganne, and told him I was choosing between that and a Fiesta. Quick as a flash he said that I should get a Fiesta. The Meganne has key cards and they are a real problem; and the rest of the electrics are a bit iffy too
I mentioned to the dealer when I bought the Fiesta that I had considered a Meganne, and he said the same thing - the key cards and electrics are a pain; I won't stock them
Practically a new car - well done .
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

23-01-2016, 11:43 AM

I'm thinking very hard about a 2002 Rover 75 V6 Saloon for £450 . Hell of a lot of car for the money and as I hardly go anywhere the fuel bill wouldn't really bother me.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 09:17 AM

Well, I've had my car for nearly a week now, and I'm very happy with it

Several trips round town & to supermarkets, and one longer trip, though even that was only about 5 miles. It's just too wet & miserable to go very far at the moment but I'm looking forward to going away when the weather improves

The acceleration is good, speed is also good, certainly for my abilities, and it handles well
Manual gearbox works fine and is easy to operate
Starts first time with no problems or hesitation

The only downside is that it has too many electrics, but that seems to be unavoidable with modern cars
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 09:24 AM

Is their hybrid any good?
zuludog
N E Lancashire

28-01-2016, 10:21 AM

If it handles & behaves like my Fiesta it will be OK, but I don't know much about the actual hybrid part
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Well, I've had my car for nearly a week now, and I'm very happy with it

Several trips round town & to supermarkets, and one longer trip, though even that was only about 5 miles. It's just too wet & miserable to go very far at the moment but I'm looking forward to going away when the weather improves

The acceleration is good, speed is also good, certainly for my abilities, and it handles well
Manual gearbox works fine and is easy to operate
Starts first time with no problems or hesitation

The only downside is that it has too many electrics, but that seems to be unavoidable with modern cars
Excellent ! I am glad that it's turned out to be as good as you thought.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 11:51 AM

Get an old Holden V8 with the price of petrol so cheap a 4.2litre V8 auto would be just the job, plenty of room for the grand kids and wheelies the length of the street. Right in your price range too.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top