Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 10:10 PM

Re: I don't belieeeeeve it!

I'm on my second bus pass now and rarely use it. Can't stand buses
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 10:27 PM

I love my bus pass, as I don't drive & I have two friends who also don't drive, we go on outings together a lot.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I'm on my second bus pass now and rarely use it. Can't stand buses
Same here, I dislike timetables.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 11:10 PM

Once you get your free travel pass here at 66 years old (all trains and busses) that's it, no renewals or messin about, you have it until you die.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2016, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Once you get your free travel pass here at 66 years old (all trains and busses) that's it, no renewals or messin about, you have it until you die.
We don't like those European ideas any more!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2016, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
How old do I need to be to recieve a bus pass?
Judging by some of the posts on here it seems to vary from place to place Aysa, but round this part of Yorkshire it is Sixty. I would check to see if you are eligible, they do a website where you can have a look see.

Although I love driving, I have found that using my bus pass has added a new dimension to mobility and it's just nice to tour the country and be able to look out of the window at the scenery. Many evenings have been spent planning the next days walk or run using public transport instead of having to return to the car.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2016, 09:18 AM

Thanks OGF being 52 atm I think it will be a little while yet until I can claim my bus pass,hopefully it will still be there when I reach claiming age
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2016, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
We don't like those European ideas any more!
Mama Merkel told me not to play in your garden anymore, you’re a bold boy for leaving home.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2016, 11:57 AM

I used to use my bus pass a lot but found struggling with heavy bags of shopping in the rain a bit too much. Sometimes, l park just outside the town centre and get the bus in as parking can be difficult.

My brother in law has just received his bus pass renewal. He was going to complain that it stated, in his photo he must not be wearing any headwear, yet if it was for religious or cultural reasons, he could!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top