Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 10:18 AM

Re: Dizziness this morning

Oh poor You Jazzi,...if You have a temp',it sounds very much like flu,but Solo & BE are right,a bad idea to mix medications...dare I ask..have You had the flu' jab?...erm..don't answer that,,don't wanna start another hullaballoo ;~)...Hope You feel better soon.x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Jazzi...you list dizziness, nausea, headache and sweating.
Maybe it's labrynthitis?
Call the doctor and list the symptoms, whatever it is it sounds like you need medical attention to get better.
Wish you well again soon x

I thought the same, ruthio. Horrible feeling that is.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 10:35 AM

I don't have any suggestions but I hope you feel much better very soon.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Good one Mupsy, That's exactly what was required.

But if you ask me, I'd say Jazzy is pregnant.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well there's enough would be doctors on here to sink a battle ship!
We all want the best for Jazzi, obviously, but I do think that when you've got a list of symptoms like this it's most unwise to go down the 'wait and see' route...call that surgery!
Even if the extreme dizziness was the only symptom, it sounds like medical intervention is needed.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 10:41 AM

It sounds like a bad cold to me,and they are no fun even if called `common` Should the symptoms persist for more than a couple of days and/or get worse then phone the Dr. A bad cold is not nice-but Flu will knock you over.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 10:58 AM

Hi all, and thanks for the helpful (mostly) and non helpful replies.

Right, been up for a couple of hours, dizziness no worse but coughing madly. Managed to eat some breakfast.

I have mixed the paracetamols and sleep aid tablets before, in the past, when I've had terrible trouble sleeping, with no ill effects.

Not pregnant.

Not phoned GP yet as I will just keep an eye on what happens during the day seeing as I don't feel any worse. It was that initial feeling in bed that flummoxed me.

Not got flu, as I know exactly what that feels like, and do at least feel like walking about, eating and drinking.

Had flu jab quite some weeks ago.

I Googled labrynthitis but not feeling dizzy all the time.

Thanks for your concern.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 11:07 AM

Come on Jazzy, just do the right thing and get it sorted, instead of getting all the Over50's medical staff involved.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 11:24 AM

It definitely sounds like the FLU to me, call your GP.

Are you eating? Maybe you feel faint because you're not eating enough.

Get well soon.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2015, 11:27 AM

If our ear/nose/throat are all connected and you're full of catarrh (spelling?),
seems logical to me to think the catarrh may be blocking ear tubes (very non-medical phrase), and that would cause dizziness too.
Dr.Mups.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top