Join for free
View Poll Results: What do you want to happen by end of year?
Deal 3 14.29%
No Deal 15 71.43%
Extension of transition 3 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Page 10 of 31 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 09:36 PM

Re: Deal before Year End?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Quite simply, all we are asking for is a trade deal with the EU on the same terms as they have with Canada and Japan (and others).

i.e., We should not remain subject to their political and financial rulings, and we should not hand free access to our fishing areas or territorial waters to them.

I fail to see and sense or reasoning in giving any control to the EU which other independent countries are not required to do.

Can you give me any good reason why we should be treated any differently to other countries having a FTA with the EU?
I can't say for sure but we (UK) are bigger and closer and I guess are seen as a threat. We have a corrupt right wing government and within it we have some who are actively seeking to destroy the EU. I guess the EU are protecting themselves and their members.
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
In answer to your question R1, Would you allow your nieghbour
to come into your garden without asking and take all your koi fish
out of your pond and take them away for sale down the street ??
I bet you would be pissed if they only came into your garden
whenever they felt like it??
Thats the basics of sovreignty
If we cant control whats ours,
We aint got it !!

Donkeyman! 👎😟😟👎
Are you saying they stole UK fish without our prior agreement? Link please.
Reality1
Scotland

14-12-2020, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Easy one.

By being tied to the level playing field (the EU's instead of the WTO) the UK would have to incorporate EU laws regarding business into UK law. UK businesses would also be subject to trade disputes through the ECJ and the EU Commission - not the WTO.

So whether WTO or ECJ disputes need to be resolved and standards adhered to. Sounds fair to me. Give a specific example where it is clearly not.

This also means, the UK has no sovereignty at all on how Businesses operate within the UK and how they operate outside of it as well (in terms of exports, international trade and standards).

You may need to define sovereignty here. You say you run a business give an example where you think there is no sovereignty at all

What this means is that as a Director of my business the EU can decide whenever they want to make laws that I must follow. So, for example, if the EU decide that I must pay 30% corporation tax then I must pay it - regardless of how the UK economy is performing and regardless of supply and demand.

Corporation tax is set by our own UK chancellor what on earth are you talking about? Do you have a link to the 30% corporation tax or did you just dream that up?

How about that for a starter ?
By all means try again.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
Are you saying they stole UK fish without our prior agreement? Link please.

Yes ... they do it all the time by fishing over their TAC limits and fishing in conservation zones illegally. The EU make the rules of the CFP and the commission ignores them when they are broken all the time.

They also over fish pelagic species in their big freezer trawlers and destroy marine life with pulse beam fishing. So far there are 9 super trawlers devastating marine life on the south coast. Go and look at the reports of dolphins and Harbour porpoises being churned up in their propellers and washed up on the beaches.

And do your own research instead of asking for evidence all the time. If you don't know, feel free to ask.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 10:08 PM

By all means try again.

It would help if you understood what i wrote.

What bit do you disagree with and why ?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 10:47 PM

I can't say for sure but we (UK) are bigger and closer and I guess are seen as a threat. We have a corrupt right wing government and within it we have some who are actively seeking to destroy the EU. I guess the EU are protecting themselves and their members.
Corrupt? Really? How exactly?

Trying to destroy the EU? By leaving it, I suppose?
No, it will destroy itself without any help from us.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 09:55 AM

Really?
That's a laugh considering the EU's form for being corrupt, isn't it?
Just look at the Santer Commission for a great example, or failing that any of the European Comission's Anti-Corruption reports will do.

The rest is even more of a laugh - the EU seem determined to tear themselves apart.
Self-destruction isn't protection.
The bullying bunch aren't content with trying to strong-arm Britain and the Swiss, they try it with Malaysia over palm oil and Brazil in a trade deal try-on over the Amazon.
Internally they've bullied Greece into submission and are trying the same now with Poland and Hungary.
That's no way to treat friends - and neither was the refusal to help out Italy when it became obvious that they needed help in the early stages of the pandemic.

If the EU was so certain of their union and it's operation; so sure that the UK isn't going to do well outside the union - why so much fear of the UK?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 10:31 AM

A deal is still looking unlikely according to this from earlier today:

"“Whether there is a deal is not simply down to the actions of the Prime Minister. It needs the EU to move.”
So says Steve Barclay, Chief Secretary to the Treasury.
https://uk.reuters.com/article/brita...-idUKKBN28P0PA
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 10:42 AM

https://britannianews.co.uk/2020/12/...new-eu-treaty/

This morning we’re getting conflicting stories saying a deal is done and they’re working on the presentation of the new Deal. Some are saying No Deal is most likely. It’s hard to navigate through this rhetoric when you have different voices saying two separate things. One thing is for sure is the negotiations are continuing with both sides reportedly trying to sort out fisheries which is a challenging subject.

The media continue to say it’s only a small part of our economy, are we going to let fisheries destroy the whole Deal? The media forget that British waters are part of our territory and our local ecosystem, it’s is Britain’s waters. Yet, the liberal media try to use our seas as a throwaway part of Britain.
Make of this what you will.
Reality1
Scotland

15-12-2020, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It would help if you understood what i wrote.

What bit do you disagree with and why ?

This is what you wrote Bread..

"What this means is that as a Director of my business the EU can decide whenever they want to make laws that I must follow. So, for example, if the EU decide that I must pay 30% corporation tax then I must pay it - regardless of how the UK economy is performing and regardless of supply and demand".

Show me a link where the EU dictate UK corporate tax rates.

Page 10 of 31 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top