Join for free
Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 07:45 PM

Re: 3.7 Million Householders Will Now Have to Pay for over 75's Television Licence!

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
The very reason I sold up after divorce over thirty years ago Art.
Maintaining property is a costly business .
Yes, Zuleika, it is a costly business but l wouldn’t have it any other way!
Paying rent for something that would never be mine. I couldn’t do it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 07:59 PM

Re: 3.7 Million Householders Will Now Have to Pay for over 75's Television Licence!

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Please UJ, refrain from crowing about all the freebies you get, it is in bad taste.
UJ go to Russia and see what they give old Marxists .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
UJ go to Russia and see what they give old Marxists .

Yeah, he’d get a kick up the jacksie!!
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 08:05 PM

Is this the thin edge of the wedge? What next, No more bus passes, free eye tests, free prescriptions.
The blame is being put on the BBC for the license fee but who has the power to tell the BBC No! You can,t do this. The government. But this is a Tory government and we all know what their attitude to the elderly is.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 08:20 PM

Nobody should have to pay the TV license to the BBC.

The BBC is complete garbage and simply not worth the money. We have Sky here because it's the only way we can get a signal so it's a bit of a double whammy.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 08:36 PM

The TV licence is a licence for owning TV receiving equipment. Not for the programmes that you watch, be it BBC, Freeview, or even Satellite.
I will refuse to pay for my receiving equipment. Maybe the fine if I ever got caught would be cheaper than the years I could get away with not having a licence.
I also wonder would viewing programmes via the Internet or on my iPad count as tv viewing equipment?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Is this the thin edge of the wedge? What next, No more bus passes, free eye tests, free prescriptions.
The blame is being put on the BBC for the license fee but who has the power to tell the BBC No! You can,t do this. The government. But this is a Tory government and we all know what their attitude to the elderly is.

And tonight on the news it said Boris wants to offer tax cuts to the high earners!
That will help the poor devils on low income no end - not!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Zuleika, The reason that some of us who are struggling on just state pensions and don’t get pension credit, is because we own our own houses and have to keep money by to pay for major repairs to our homes or, when things go wrong.
We don’t have the cushion of the council or social housing organisations to do the major repairs on our home, like people who rent do.

Please UJ, refrain from crowing about all the freebies you get, it is in bad taste.

Oh so you and longdrawers think I'm 'crowing' about being in poverty and therefore in receipt of Pension Credit ??? - and you would, on that basis begrudge me a little pleasure - well stuff you !!!
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 08:52 PM

Ooooh Art, it seems you have rattled Joe’s cage. 😳
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2019, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
The TV licence is a licence for owning TV receiving equipment. Not for the programmes that you watch, be it BBC, Freeview, or even Satellite.
I will refuse to pay for my receiving equipment. Maybe the fine if I ever got caught would be cheaper than the years I could get away with not having a licence.
I also wonder would viewing programmes via the Internet or on my iPad count as tv viewing equipment?
It's on any device and any channel. So it's not about having a TV any more. It's a laptop or phone even if it is a live tv broadcast. Completely ridiculous. They should have left it to just watching TV on a TV set. How do they even detect if you are watching live TV on your phone?

It does not apply to the radio.

I have a friend who doesn't have a tv and doesn't watch tv on his laptop/phone etc. He was being hounded by the licence people last year.

If you watch I player on your laptop you need a tv licence.

Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top