Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 11:28 AM

Re: Can Mothers Spend Too Much Time Amusing Babies?

She sounds like a wonderful mother and will reap the returns of having a lovely child IMO. No one brings up children the same we all do it differently and if her way works for her and makes her baby happy good on her.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2017, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
She sounds like a wonderful mother and will reap the returns of having a lovely child IMO. No one brings up children the same we all do it differently and if her way works for her and makes her baby happy good on her.
If she has some sort of break down it will have worked even worse than it has already. Are we all getting this now?

I think she is making some amendments belatedly. Like, she tells her husband not to pick her up as soon as she wakes - even if he's not seen her all day (being at work).

Best to let her come to quietly in that "cosmic state" we need to "use" on waking.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 06:49 AM

Having money and education does not equate to good parenting skills far from it.

I agree with others you should be supporting your daughter not over analysing and criticising, that's the last thing she needs let her enjoy her child in her own way.

God knows young women have enough on their plates without having to cope with over opinionated grandparents /parents too.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Having money and education does not equate to good parenting skills far from it.

I agree with others you should be supporting your daughter not over analysing and criticising, that's the last thing she needs let her enjoy her child in her own way.

God knows young women have enough on their plates without having to cope with over opinionated grandparents /parents too.
Hi

Well said summer.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 11:29 AM

I don't think Gravy sounds over opinionated, to me he merely sounds anxious that his daughter is overdoing things and running herself into the ground needlessly.

She sounds likes lovely caring mum, but it must be difficult not to feel guilty that you're not doing this and not doing that and not going to this and that baby class, there's so much on offer out there today for young mums, I suspect that peer pressure has something to do with it.

Best advice I ever had was when baby sleeps take the phone off the hook and rest.

"Me time" is as important as baby time if you're going to keep hold of your sanity during those early years!!

Support for her might be practical - baby minding and paying for her to have a lovely relaxing aromatherapy massage every couple of weeks...
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 11:46 AM

Yes support is vital for a new Mum and the best way You (Malcolm) can do this is to offer to look after Baby for a couple of hours now and then to let Her get some me time..My DIL couldn't have managed without My help when the Children were tots...practical help...not criticism...She'll thank You for it later.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I don't think Gravy sounds over opinionated, to me he merely sounds anxious that his daughter is overdoing things and running herself into the ground needlessly.

My reference to being over opinionated was his view that there is a lower class of uneducated people who are not fit to have children or dogs.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->

The problem with the uneducated white lower class is that they don't value education and their poor kids are doomed before they start.

This really shouldn't be news to you.

And she does get support. My wife spends £100 in taxi fares a month (even though the daughter has her own car) to go round there to do bits of jobs, perform for the baby, and then take her for walks in the buggy for an hour and a half to give herself a break and breather from the tiring entertaining rituals. She'd go longer, but the mother would panic if she was out longer than that.

The wisdom and advice of grand parents should not be dismissed so readily. As already mentioned some of it has been introduced to a degree.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 04:27 PM

That's a terrible thing to say, I know mothers and fathers doing second and third jobs to put kids through education, I know poor mothers really working hard to get kids into good schools so they have a better chance at life than they did.

Can't say how proud we were when late Tasha got into uni, first in the family we hoped for good things for her.

Education is only way out of poverty you find a very few don't understand that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 07:49 PM

Ignore him Julie.
He is just jealous because the baby is getting more attention than he is.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top