Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 05:11 PM

Re: Beggars Banquet

They don't hang around do they Longfellow?! It always amazes me how they carry on like they do, they must get put on charge for a couple of hours before each gig!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Nice to see The Stones planning next years concerts.

April 2019
20 - hard rock stadium miami, fl

24 - tiaa bank field jacksonville, fl

28 - nrg stadium houston, tx

may 2019
07 - state farm stadium glendale, az

11 - the rose bowl pasadena, ca

18 - levi’s® stadium santa clara, ca

22 - centurylink field seattle, wa

26 - broncos stadium at mile high denver, co

31 - fedexfield washington, dc

june 2019
04 - lincoln financial field philadelphia, pa

08 - gillette stadium foxborough, ma

13 - metlife stadium east rutherford, nj

17 - metlife stadium east rutherford, nj

21 - soldier field chicago, il

25 - soldier field chicago, il
Stadium-size tours are a great way to get punters to part with their money:

The No Filter Tour is a European/North American concert tour by the Rolling Stones which began on 9 September 2017 in Hamburg, Germany and is set to conclude on 25 June 2019 in Chicago, Illinois. It was announced on 9 May 2017, with fourteen shows in twelve different venues across Europe in September and October of the same year. On 26 February 2018, fourteen new dates were added throughout Europe and the UK. With an overall attendance of 1,506,259 fans grossing $237.8 million, the tour was one of the most commercially successful concert tours of 2017 and 2018. The US leg of the tour was officially announced on 19 November 2018 and is set to play 13 different stadiums across the US beginning on 20 April 2019 in Miami, Florida.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Filter_Tour

Money for old rope (and old farts) .....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 09:47 AM

I've been thinking about Sympathy for the Devil a lot recently, ever since Psmith started this thread, been singing it to myself, now I've learnt the Stones actually did a live version back in the day ... what a riot, absolutely priceless.

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 10:20 AM

Youtube comment:
swingmanu
2 years ago (edited)
How much drug does it take a professional musician to allow this horrible unorganized out of tune jam session to surface?
Sympathy for the Devil is strong on lyrics and what the Stones did with it in the studio is pure genius. On this occasion Jagger skipped the words and gave the fans ten minutes of ... horrible unorganized out of tune jam session ... and they lapped it up. I just wish I was there.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Youtube comment:

Sympathy for the Devil is strong on lyrics and what the Stones did with it in the studio is pure genius. On this occasion Jagger skipped the words and gave the fans ten minutes of ... horrible unorganized out of tune jam session ... and they lapped it up. I just wish I was there.
I was there .....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

12-12-2018, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I was there .....

.. and how much do you remember?

They say, "If you can remember the sixties, you weren't there"
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

12-12-2018, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->

.. and how much do you remember?

They say, "If you can remember the sixties, you weren't there"
Not much, but that's not because I was "stoned" all day but because it's such a long time ago and much has happened to me since ......

We used to go to all the Hyde Park free concerts but, when we got off the Tube at Hyde Park on July 5th 1969, we were met by something we'd never seen before - tens of thousands of young people all going the same way .....

Of course, when we got to the Cockpit, we couldn't get anywhere near our usual place close to the stage because there were at least 200,000 people in front of us so we settled under some trees and skinned up while another 300,000 crowded in at the back of us .....

It was a long, long day .....
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->

A part from a small reunion concert I saw a while back where Daltrey pranced about on stage huffing n puffing and literally looking like Mr Blobby with Townsend I haven't the faintest what is happening with 2 left in The Who these days.
I have loved both bands since the early 60's. I first saw The Who (playing as The Detours or The High Numbers) in about 1964 on the local Acton/Ealing/ Shepherds Bush music scene. The Stones I saw 2 or 3 times a week on the West London blues circuit (Ricky Tick in Windsor, Eel Pie Island, Crawdaddy and Ealing Blues Club). We never compared them, we just felt that they were both great bands.
The Last time I saw The Who was when they headlined Glastonbury in 2015. They had Zak Starkey (Ringo's son) on drums and were brilliant. All the old energy and aggression was there still.
They were both incredibly innovative bands, and, for me, left their more famous contemporaries - The Beatles- in the shade.
Their highlights for me were Keith Richard's transformation of rock/blues guitar by his abandonment of his bass string and retuning to Open G. All his amazing guitar riffs stem from this. For the Who, despite Towshend's brilliant power chords and Moon's amazing drumming, the standout element was John Entwhistle's fantastically innovative bass playing which really underpinned their whole sound.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

14-12-2018, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I have loved both bands since the early 60's. I first saw The Who (playing as The Detours or The High Numbers) in about 1964 on the local Acton/Ealing/ Shepherds Bush music scene. The Stones I saw 2 or 3 times a week on the West London blues circuit (Ricky Tick in Windsor, Eel Pie Island, Crawdaddy and Ealing Blues Club). We never compared them, we just felt that they were both great bands.
The Last time I saw The Who was when they headlined Glastonbury in 2015. They had Zak Starkey (Ringo's son) on drums and were brilliant. All the old energy and aggression was there still.
They were both incredibly innovative bands, and, for me, left their more famous contemporaries - The Beatles- in the shade.
Their highlights for me were Keith Richard's transformation of rock/blues guitar by his abandonment of his bass string and retuning to Open G. All his amazing guitar riffs stem from this. For the Who, despite Towshend's brilliant power chords and Moon's amazing drumming, the standout element was John Entwhistle's fantastically innovative bass playing which really underpinned their whole sound.

We never compared them either.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

14-12-2018, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Not much, but that's not because I was "stoned" all day but because it's such a long time ago and much has happened to me since ......

We used to go to all the Hyde Park free concerts but, when we got off the Tube at Hyde Park on July 5th 1969, we were met by something we'd never seen before - tens of thousands of young people all going the same way .....

Of course, when we got to the Cockpit, we couldn't get anywhere near our usual place close to the stage because there were at least 200,000 people in front of us so we settled under some trees and skinned up while another 300,000 crowded in at the back of us .....

It was a long, long day .....

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top