Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 02:41 PM

Re: Music & Musical Instruments

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Haha Julie. I’m sure all felt the same when I was first learning. How long have you been suffering this way?
Or how long has she been learning?
About 18 long tortuous months now. I'm pretty certain she has as much musicality in her as I do which is no sense of tone or tune or timing at all Her teacher says she will get it eventually, I have less faith than her
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
About 18 long tortuous months now. I'm pretty certain she has as much musicality in her as I do which is no sense of tone or tune or timing at all Her teacher says she will get it eventually, I have less faith than her
Hahaha Julie. Oh you are funny!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 03:31 PM

Hey some days if we didn't laugh about the noise comes out of that strangled instrument we'd be in tears over it could make your ears bleed honestly
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Hey some days if we didn't laugh about the noise comes out of that strangled instrument we'd be in tears over it could make your ears bleed honestly
Well hopefully she doesn’t fully understand how bad she really sounds. You’re getting good at poker face looks right?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 04:18 PM

Do you read music or play by ear?
I read and write music using Musescore 2:

https://musescore.org/en

MuseScore is a free (desktop) and freemium (online and mobile) scorewriter for Windows, macOS, and Linux, comparable to Finale and Sibelius, supporting a wide variety of file formats and input methods. The desktop version is released as free and open-source software under the GNU General Public License.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

12-12-2018, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I read and write music using Musescore 2:

https://musescore.org/en
Oh wow! Now this is what’s so cool about chatting with others who share similar interests. Fabulous find.
I have Band in a Box and eventually I’d like to make my own CD but not to sell,just for my own pleasure. My girlfriend did it.
Another thing I’m currently looking into is accompanying music minus the main instrument. They come with music. That way when you learn the sax you have accompaniment to back you up. I’d like to learn to make my own background music but I’m behind computer wise so I’ll have to start learning some

Thanks Omah. That’s really helpful.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

12-12-2018, 07:52 PM

If I’m on an iPhone, which uses APPLE, do you know which one I’d download.
This is an awesome find and just what I need. I’m thrilled.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 08:53 PM

Oh wow! Now this is what’s so cool about chatting with others who share similar interests. Fabulous find.
I have Band in a Box and eventually I’d like to make my own CD but not to sell,just for my own pleasure. My girlfriend did it.
Another thing I’m currently looking into is accompanying music minus the main instrument. They come with music. That way when you learn the sax you have accompaniment to back you up. I’d like to learn to make my own background music but I’m behind computer wise so I’ll have to start learning some

Thanks Omah. That’s really helpful.
I have BIAB but it's getting very dated for people like me, who prefer to work with midi files.

BUT, having generated a track in BIAB, it's very easy to import the midi file into Musescore.

Here's what Musescore looks like, playing one of my (non-BIAB) arrangements:

You may need to adjust your PC sound mixer to obtain the best quality playback, for example, I have mine usually set to Living Room/Jazz.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

12-12-2018, 09:08 PM

Here's a sax quartet:

https://musescore.com/user/13500846/scores/2878086

Press the arrow (top left) to play .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

12-12-2018, 09:10 PM

If I’m on an iPhone, which uses APPLE, do you know which one I’d download.
This is an awesome find and just what I need. I’m thrilled.
This one, I think:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-s...835731296?mt=8

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top