Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 10:06 AM

Re: Evil but talented? Can you separate one from the other?

I wish I hadn't read up about Edison and his horrible experiments electrocuting animals.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I wish I hadn't read up about Edison and his horrible experiments electrocuting animals.
Me too, I didn't know about it until I watched Murdoch Mysteries!
I suppose in those days they didn't think animals suffered.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Does Tony Blair paint?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 11:53 AM

Personally, I quite liked some of Rolf Harris' paintings and would have been happy to have them on my walls but as soon as his crimes came to light, they became absolutely worthless which is ridiculous.

Yes these people have committed terrible crimes but that shouldn't detract from their talents. I suppose a problem arises when some one like Glitter still receives royalties when his music is played. But there are others such as George Michael who always seemed to ride out the storm despite his convictions.

How many women fancied the pants off of Dirty Den, despite the fact that he had killed a cabbie in Germany? Chuck berry was an armed robber, Phil Spector murdered an actress. As far as I know, we have not stopped hearing their music on the radio.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 12:57 PM

Like Floydy, my first thought was Tony Blair! I also, thought of OJ Simpson.

I also agree with, Summer. I can’t watch Gino D’Acampo as it doesn’t seem fair that he should thrive and earn lots of money after stealing Paul Young’s guitars.

Sometimes, we are shown paintings done by the most vicious criminals, whilst they are serving time in prison. Some paintings are a bit macabre.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-12-2018, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Like Floydy, my first thought was Tony Blair! I also, thought of OJ Simpson.

I also agree with, Summer. I can’t watch Gino D’Acampo as it doesn’t seem fair that he should thrive and earn lots of money after stealing Paul Young’s guitars.

Sometimes, we are shown paintings done by the most vicious criminals, whilst they are serving time in prison. Some paintings are a bit macabre.
It's a shame he didn't steal Nick Knowles' guitar and do us all a favour.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 03:07 PM

Whilst its awful that we found out what Gary Glitter is really like and the monster he is I still love his songs from the 70s and they still bring very fond memories to the forefront when I hear them, I can't stop liking something that brought me so much pleasure.

George Michael turned me off when I found out about the lewd act he was caught in but I still adore his music and always will.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Only someone with something not quite right would want to be a political leader!
Very probably! I really do think that you have to have severe narcissism to survive the barrage of personal attacks that come with running for office.

All the more reason to keep an eye on them.

The problem with someone's misdeeds is that I can't ever enjoy their work again without thoughts of their crimes seeping into my enjoyment.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Personally, I quite liked some of Rolf Harris' paintings and would have been happy to have them on my walls but as soon as his crimes came to light, they became absolutely worthless which is ridiculous.

[/I]
That is why one should always buy art because you like it not because it is painted by some well known person .
He was IMO a pretty awful painter but I would not have chucked them out after his fall from grace if I had one and liked it for its self .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 05:44 PM

I wonder what happened to his portrait of the Queen?

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top