Join for free
Page 6 of 20 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 04:27 PM

Re: This is now Boring.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Plus they can make a decent cup of tea.
....and that too
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Something I personally have always done is the staycation, love UK too much to go anywhere else and we have still got so much to see I think it'll keep me busy till I die.
Travel broadens the mind, some thing you have evidently missed out on.

And do you honestly believe that the British travel industry can cope with the extra 1.5 million plus who travel abroad???

Prices will escalate beyond reach, never heard of supply and demand? (another term, lets screw them for all they've got.) Put your thinking cap on heavens sake.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You know, if it was up to me, I'd pay to keep the brits in the european family.
What a lovely thing to say!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->

Also, "absence makes the heart grow fonder", it would be nice if you could make us get a lot fonder, Itsme!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 05:32 PM

And do you honestly believe that the British travel industry can cope with the extra 1.5 million plus who travel abroad???

Prices will escalate beyond reach, never heard of supply and demand? (another term, lets screw them for all they've got.) Put your thinking cap on heavens sake.
Well try it on a low wage itsme, some of us have never earned enough to travel as you say. A tent in a field has been our holiday many years because we can afford a canvas room and we've seen so much of UK on those great holidays, so much more than many who only go to a beach or sit by a pool for a week.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 06:18 PM

Apart from your post being totally condescending what on Earth makes you think no Brits are ever going to travel abroad again?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Plus they can make a decent cup of tea.
Never drink the stuff
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 06:30 PM

Well try it on a low wage itsme, some of us have never earned enough to travel as you say. A tent in a field has been our holiday many years because we can afford a canvas room and we've seen so much of UK on those great holidays, so much more than many who only go to a beach or sit by a pool for a week.
Well that's very nice if you like that sort of thing but staycations are not cheap and if you go to Cornwall or other holidays spots they will fleece you for all they can
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Well that's very nice if you like that sort of thing but staycations are not cheap and if you go to Cornwall or other holidays spots they will fleece you for all they can
Spot on Muddy,

I can pay to go to many foreign countries at half the price I would pay to stay in the UK already.
itsme
Wigan UK

16-12-2018, 06:51 PM

Playing the hard done to again eh? But then again with you just saying you have never traveled abroad with out giving a reason (as usual) then what do you expect?

Page 6 of 20 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top