Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2013, 10:41 AM

Re: X-Factor :- Singing Contest or Crying Contest ?

I detest X Factor - it is one of the most manipulative programms on TV.

I heard a comedian a couple of days ago say that he would like to audition for X Factor but it would mean having one of his close family killed so that he had a dead relative to cry about - when comedians are picking up the format of X Factor as material for their act, then something has to be suspicious.

I also agree with building up the hopes of young people (older people should know better - with the exception of Liona Lewis, did any of them reach fame?) is horrible.

I stopped watching it when I realised that good singers, like Rhydian, were considered odd and would go nowhere
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 05:22 PM

I think many people have gone off it now. As I said earlier, it's only geared up for the kids nowadays.
Perhaps Simon Cowell has finally got too big for his boots and is due to come back to earth.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Perhaps Simon Cowell has finally got too big for his boots and is due to come back to earth.
I'm not given to wanton acts of violence but when I see his sneering, smug face I just want to slap it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 10:15 PM

Oohhh BV, are you a thug in the making?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2013, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think many people have gone off it now. As I said earlier, it's only geared up for the kids nowadays.
Simon Cowell hasn't been on it for a few years...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-10-2013, 10:25 PM

I know Meg, but he still pulls the strings.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top