Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2013, 09:57 PM

Royal Variety Performance.

Watching the show as we speak and, much to my surprise, I thoroughly enjoyed the performance by Ollie Muir and Robbie Williams of the song "Scooby Doo I want to be like you".
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2013, 10:12 PM

Re: Royal Variety Performance.

Missed that but i do like the shadow people ,so good , dont know if thats their name
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2013, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Watching the show as we speak and, much to my surprise, I thoroughly enjoyed the performance by Ollie Muir and Robbie Williams of the song "Scooby Doo I want to be like you".
I watched it Alan and thoroughly enjoyed it, I thought Robbie and Ollie were a good match for that song...
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2013, 10:45 PM

Robbie Williams has gone up in my estimation of late. He has matured into a tour de force & a consumate performer.

A joy to watch. He was recently at the Palladium & gave a glitzy duet with the greatly underrrated Rufus Wainwright.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2013, 10:47 PM

Alan , watching tv AND posting messages

At the SAME time, congratulations .`

You can multitask.!
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2013, 11:17 AM

Glad to hear that the Royal Variety Performance was good this year, we have taped it so will watch it later on in the week.

I too love the Shadow people they are fascinating to watch
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2013, 11:45 AM

You are right RJ - Robbie has matured very nicely .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2013, 12:02 PM

Saw them on a chat show last week if they are half as good on this it will be worth watching. Recorded this to watch on sunday, I am sure it used to be on sundays certainly feels like a sunday show to us.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2013, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Missed that but i do like the shadow people ,so good , dont know if thats their name
They are called Attraction, and they were one of the reasons I chose to watch the variety performance this year, normally I don't bother. Also got Flavia and dance group from her new show, and Torville & Dean.
Some other good acts too.
What was the name of the singer from North Wales? I enjoyed him

Thought the Liverpudlian compere was a bit weak, but it made me laugh, when he said it is traditional to have the winners of Britain's got Talent on the show, this year Britain had so much talent the winners came from Hungary.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2013, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by valice ->

Thought the Liverpudlian compere was a bit weak, but it made me laugh, when he said it is traditional to have the winners of Britain's got Talent on the show, this year Britain had so much talent the winners came from Hungary.
That made me laugh too.

I watched up until Jimmy Carr and then lost interest. That Irish comedian (Jason Byrne?) was awful - I thought it was Ed Byrne who I think is really funny so that was a letdown.

I also loved Robbie (long been an admirer of his songs) and Ollie, they really have formed such a close friendship haven't they and they work so well together.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top