Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
sully
uk
sully is female  sully has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2010, 08:38 PM

Re: The Monkees

I was a major monkees fan too, i loved Davy mostly then,my friend and i used to rush back from the shops every saturday night to watch their show.I also still have their singles and LP'S from 40 years ago this year.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2010, 10:31 PM

Yay, a couple of Monkee fans at last, I knew I wouldn't have been the only one on this forum

I've still got all their singles and LP's as well Sully, their a bit scratched though as I had played them so much.

What a shame the concert was cancelled Miranda, I would have been gutted as well. They also did a gig in Reading in the 90's Reading is quite near me, I didn't know about it until I took a breakdown call on the phone(I worked for the AA at the time) from someone who had broken down and had just been to The Monkees concert. I had a good old chat with him about it, he said they were brilliant. Wish I had gone to see them
sully
uk
sully is female  sully has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2010, 10:43 PM

One of my singles got played so much on a hot cheap old record player in the sun it was so warped it goes up and down by at least 4 inches, the others are mostly okay.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2010, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by sully ->
One of my singles got played so much on a hot cheap old record player in the sun it was so warped it goes up and down by at least 4 inches, the others are mostly okay.
I reckon some of mine could be like that as well.

Have you got the Davy Jones album Sully? It's just him singing old London songs.
sully
uk

08-02-2010, 11:12 PM

No i havent ever heard of it, is it old or newly done?
Alicat
West Berkshire

08-02-2010, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by sully ->
No i havent ever heard of it, is it old or newly done?
It was out when the first Monkee Lp was out in the 70's. I was really lucky to get it actually as I went shopping with my Mum, we saw it and she bought it for me. I'll try and find a picture of it and put it on here.
Alicat
West Berkshire

08-02-2010, 11:24 PM

Just looked on the Internet, it's amazing how many Monkee and Davy Jones LP's are for sale, alot of them I've never seen. I saw the one I have but am unable to copy it.

I expect they had dozens more records out in other countries that weve never seen.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2010, 02:43 PM

Although my teens went from the Beatles/Stones up to Zeppelin and many(including folk) more I still have very fond memories of `bands?` on tv.

Not the monkees but these guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbU5CzPi0zM
Westie
London, UK
Westie is male 

07-07-2011, 10:52 AM

My last girlfriend said she was leaving me because she said I was obsessed with The Monkees.

I didn't believe her at first ...but then I saw her face...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 03:25 PM

Does anybody elose remember seeing Micky Dolenz as a kid in the television series "Circus Boy"????

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top