Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2010, 08:26 PM

Re: What Music/Artists Do You Like?

I think there were so many talented people around in the 60's and 70's that it's hard to pick a favourite, some of mine are, Manfred Mann, Buddy Holly, Billy Fury, Boney M, the Seekers, Lonnie Donegan,the Searchers and lots more. I too could never take to Sinatra. Just got a CD of the Bafta Brothers Cajan music, its magic!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2010, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I think there were so many talented people around in the 60's and 70's that it's hard to pick a favourite, some of mine are, Manfred Mann, Buddy Holly, Billy Fury, Boney M, the Seekers, Lonnie Donegan,the Searchers and lots more. I too could never take to Sinatra. Just got a CD of the Bafta Brothers Cajan music, its magic!

They had to be able to sing in those days as well and have natural talent, no good relying on a backing track as they weren't around in those days.
HumarJ
New Member!
Derbyshire UK
HumarJ is female 

25-05-2010, 07:48 PM

Sixties Soul Country
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2010, 08:18 PM

Big band sounds, Louis Armstrong, Syd Phillips, Trad Jazz, and Johnny Cash
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2010, 02:52 PM

Lindisfarne

ha way bonny lass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ8VNEqBH00
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2010, 02:59 PM

Gregorian chant when I am mellow,folk when I am nostalgic,blues when I`m chilling but when these old bones want to get up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tlSx0jkuLM
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2010, 11:34 PM

When my son was a teenager many moons ago, he formed a rock band with a couple of his mates. He hadn't a note in his head (nor his pocket) and one Sunday afternoon after an energetic session in his bedroom, he asked me what I thought. "Be honest now dad" he pleaded. I think this is one of those moments parents all dread. If I tell him the truth I'll hurt his feelings, and if I tell him lies he'll probably end up like Bono, talentless but rich, in the end I just said that they sounded terrible to me but they might sound great to kids of their own generation, the only way to find out was to get on stage and test themselves. "They'll either love you or hate you". I ended. Well that did it, the band slowly disbanded over the next few weeks and they all got jobs
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

29-05-2010, 04:04 PM

Some friends of mine formed a (what`s the word?-not band for sure).

They were truly awful. There is such a thing as timing-I`m sure they could all count to four,it`s just that they couldn`t start or finish together.

Status Quo come to mind-hardly virtuoso players but they could set a groove and stay with it
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2010, 09:45 AM

In the mid-sixties I married the lead singer from a group. (Never got really famous, but they scraped a living). We had some good times before we married, but from then onwards it all deteriorated (spoilt his image). The music around then was really something and we were at a different gig each week. We eventually had the last big fight, split up and divorced. My only regret was that he kept the dog. Group is long gone - all respectable now, but it was a deliciously free spirit time. The music of the sixties and early seventies instilled in me an attitude and take on life which remains with me today (and it had nothing to do with drugs).
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

30-05-2010, 04:13 PM

I`m not sure if I have posted this here before-age you know.

But it`s a great example of classical guitars playing a well known tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNc5o...eature=related

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top