Join for free
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 04:01 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

No,no,no...merely Mr Realistic,ma'am.

...fot t'is but the truth,no more,no less...[which is why you're smiling] xxx
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 04:26 PM

Back to my Hugeonots.
I have been to this church, I have the certificates for the BMDs saved to my Tree.

Sadly they have moved the gravestones now.

A painting.

Gummy says I never smile. I think I may have inherited that.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 06:06 PM

Speaking of ladies compression stockings reminds me of my Aunt Betty when the brother and me were kids, she always got dolled up on a Saturday night to go out, where to we hadn’t a clue nor did we care, she was probably in her thirties at the time.
She had nice smooth unblemished white legs but she always put this light brown creamy stuff all over them to make it look like she had nylons on. She’d then wash it off her hands and the next thing was she opened a round box of powder with a kind of hand mop fluffy thing inside and she patted powder all over her face, lastly came the screaming red lipstick. Then it was on with the coat and out the door. We never saw her come back because we were in bed asleep by then.
She seldom smiled and I often wonder what she had on her mind back then, some man no doubt.

This is a Red Lipped Batfish, Aunt Betty looked something like this old girl of the sea when she frowned, the lips are exactly the same colour red.
So ladies (and of course the few gents) next time you have lipstick on and feel like a frown take a look at this picture, you may want to smile instead.

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 08:20 PM

Are you trying to tell me something Jem?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

07-10-2018, 08:22 PM

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 08:44 PM

Are you trying to tell me something Jem?

How could you even think such a thought Sweetie, honestly nothing was further from my mind.
If I have something to say I always say it up front, fact is I really did have an Aunt Betty, God be good to her she never married in the end and died an old single woman when she was 85.

I see Kylie Minogue has had to cancel her Dublin and Belfast concerts Gummy, what a shame. She has a throat infection. She promises to buy us all a drink next time she’s here.

Kylie Minogue
“I promise I’ll be back as soon as possible and at 100%. (The Guinness will be on me!)
We’re working on rescheduling and more details will follow. 
I’m so, so sorry to let you down and thank you for your understanding”
1:55 PM - Oct 7, 2018
I noticed she knows how to spell Guinness properly, not like someone else I know from Australia.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

07-10-2018, 08:52 PM

My family have already just seen her. They thought it was a fantastic show.
Lucky them.

BTW Jem you know I tease. x
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Early on........you mean early on today.

Have a go, it's easy nowadays on the internet. When I commenced collecting data 20 yrs ago I dashed all over the country looking up old records.
I am back to the 1700's with both distaff and spear sides - with provenances that is - could go back much further with possibilities. The further back you go the harder it becomes to find proof. Some of mine are in the Genealogy section.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 10:01 PM

Day is over, night has come. Today is gone, what’s done is done. Embrace your dreams, through the night. Tomorrow comes with a whole new light.

Not my words, but they'll do
I am off for my SANATOGEN folks.

Things are not always what they theme to be innit
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

07-10-2018, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I am back to the 1700's with both distaff and spear sides - with provenances that is - could go back much further with possibilities. The further back you go the harder it becomes to find proof. Some of mine are in the Genealogy section.
Church records Tabby, I am good with those.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top