Join for free
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 10:08 AM

Re: Thai boys found safe in cave

They now have the challenge of getting them out.
They may have to teach them to dive .
Diving in a pot hole situation is not for the faint hearted but these are young boys and young boys are generally not faint hearted !
Even so it's not an easy operation .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 10:15 AM

Found by two British divers...they asked can we leave today I was so sad for them. But they are found that's such a relief I read it may take months to get them out though.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 10:26 AM

It is awful that those poor boys could be stuck in that cave for a long time.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 04:43 PM

I suppose the moral of the tale is not to take a load of kids into a cave.

Glad they have been found though.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 05:05 AM

I can't think what they were doing going in there .
Maybe it was a treat after football practise boys are adventurous .
They were caught out by flash flooding .
I can't think of a more terrifying prospect of getting those children to dive out.
Diving in caves is perilous in the extreme even for experts .
Diving itself iis not that easy at first the urge to take off the mask and bolt for the surface is very strong !
I remember my first dive in clear tropical water !
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 05:59 AM

Getting these boys to safety is going to be very difficult, but at least they are alive and plans to get them out are being discussed.
I have great admiration for the British divers, who found them, and all the people who are working so hard to find the safest method.

This reminds me of when the miners were trapped in Chile, and the great joy when they were brought out, and I hope we can all shed the same tears of joy when these boys come home!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 06:26 AM

Those divers and all the rescuers deserve Knighthood or some kind of real recognition for their bravery and expertise.

Those poor boys and their coach, how scared they must feel. Also, just imagine if this is your child in such danger, oh my goodness it doesn't bear thinking about.

I am praying for them all that somehow they get to safety.

So pleased to hear the divers reached them, the video was very emotional.

I'm imagining the response from the world will be of such relief and celebration when they reach safety.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44688909

Thank goodness for that.
did you say Thai boys found safe in cave - ya know my DIL is Thai and I have been there many times but look though we may we could never find a safe in a cave although the Thais are noted for putting safes in caves - all the time!!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2018, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
did you say Thai boys found safe in cave - ya know my DIL is Thai and I have been there many times but look though we may we could never find a safe in a cave although the Thais are noted for putting safes in caves - all the time!!
In the circumstances that joke is in poor taste, imo.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

04-07-2018, 08:28 AM

I absoutely agree with Tara .

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top