Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 09:11 PM

Re: Going into a home

Two good posts !
John leave
Hertfordshire
John leave is male  John leave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 09:27 PM

Re: Going into a home

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
If you give away your home you cannot stay living in it for free.
If you do it will be a "gift with reservation " and it will fall into your estate for inheritance tax and nursing home fees etc
In order that it is regarded as a true gift you have to pay a market rent for the property .
Still I think that local councils will take back properties if they feel they have been given away to avoid nursing home fees.
I am a home owner and to prevent the government getting my home to pay for care I will be selling my home before I reach that point and move to a smaller cheaper property a one bedroom in a cheaper area and give the kids te extra money, I have played my taxes and N.I all my life same as renters have, they can give the money away and live in a home for free so can I.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top