Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 03:56 PM

Re: Could It Happen Here Too?

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Now you ask if the same can happen here.... I believe it will if we get a rotten deal to leave the EU on, or if there is another referendum . There are large numbers of people at almost boiling point right now, and to read comments in general on various social media sites, I feel an uprising is not too far away if things continue. It only takes a few stokers to get the flames going !
Totally agree with Puddle here.

Britain stands on the precipice of losing it's long standing rights and freedoms laid down by the Magna Carta and Common Law and Declaration Of Rights.

This is no longer simply about BrExit and whether we stay of leave the EU.

This is now far more fundamental.

It is now about whether UK politics, whether government will respect and deliver the wishes of a majority democratic vote.

In this respect it doesn't really matter what that vote is, whether it's BrExit or a General Election or whatever.

The point at which government seeks to subvert a democratic referendum is the point at which our entire democratic process is put in jeopardy.

THAT can not go unchallenged and I truly believe it would not go unchallenged.

If this EU controlled government attempts to either:

1) Keep us in the EU via shady stealthy deals (as May is trying her best to do)
2) Offers a second referendum with a Remain option
3) By any other means, fails to take us out of the EU

Then there absolutely WILL be a civil revolution.

The riots seen in London a few years ago as a result of police shooting someone, which saw mass rioting, shop looting and many properties burned to the ground, will be absolutely nothing compared to the fury unleashed by a totalitarian dictatorship approach by government.

In London, police officers from all around the country had to be drafted in to cope with the scale and extent of the problem.

If this country sees the same kind of riots happening simultaneously in all major cities, London, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham, Oxford, Cambridge, etc etc then there is absolutely 100% no way that our police forces could do anything except stand and watch on the side lines.

The military would have to be drafted in, curfews put in place and lethal force likely used.

That would finally underline the fact that we in fact live in a totalitarian dictatorship which is growing as a Police State. That is the EU model that has started to infect the UK.

Do you want to live in a Police State?

Do you want our ancient hard fought freedoms of Habeus Corpus (Innocent Until Proved Guilty) replaced with the EU's totalitarian Corpus Juris (Guilty Until You Prove Your Own Innocence . . . whilst locked up!) ?

I certainly don't which is why I am resolved that we MUST leave the EU as soon as humanly possible and in a manner that is total, complete, irrefutable and irreversible without massive change and the need for referendums.

We must leave the EU

We must restore the British Constitution and establish it in firm law

NO DEAL is now the only tangible way.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

Sounds like you have been on a crash course with tommy robinson.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 12:26 PM

I like the style of WASPI women, they sit outside Westminster wearing purple with plain white masks, quietly demonstrating, but looking a bit sinister. Must make MPs feel uncomfortable.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I like the style of WASPI women, they sit outside Westminster wearing purple with plain white masks, quietly demonstrating, but looking a bit sinister. Must make MPs feel uncomfortable.
It doesn't male mp's, they face much more waspish women inside westminster.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I would hope so but with the shower in there these days I doubt it crosses their minds to be uncomfortable.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Totally agree with Puddle here.

Britain stands on the precipice of losing it's long standing rights and freedoms laid down by the Magna Carta and Common Law and Declaration Of Rights.

This is no longer simply about BrExit and whether we stay of leave the EU.

This is now far more fundamental.

It is now about whether UK politics, whether government will respect and deliver the wishes of a majority democratic vote.

In this respect it doesn't really matter what that vote is, whether it's BrExit or a General Election or whatever.

The point at which government seeks to subvert a democratic referendum is the point at which our entire democratic process is put in jeopardy.

THAT can not go unchallenged and I truly believe it would not go unchallenged.

If this EU controlled government attempts to either:

1) Keep us in the EU via shady stealthy deals (as May is trying her best to do)
2) Offers a second referendum with a Remain option
3) By any other means, fails to take us out of the EU

Then there absolutely WILL be a civil revolution.

The riots seen in London a few years ago as a result of police shooting someone, which saw mass rioting, shop looting and many properties burned to the ground, will be absolutely nothing compared to the fury unleashed by a totalitarian dictatorship approach by government.

In London, police officers from all around the country had to be drafted in to cope with the scale and extent of the problem.

If this country sees the same kind of riots happening simultaneously in all major cities, London, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham, Oxford, Cambridge, etc etc then there is absolutely 100% no way that our police forces could do anything except stand and watch on the side lines.

The military would have to be drafted in, curfews put in place and lethal force likely used.

That would finally underline the fact that we in fact live in a totalitarian dictatorship which is growing as a Police State. That is the EU model that has started to infect the UK.

Do you want our ancient hard fought freedoms of Habeus Corpus (Innocent Until Proved Guilty) replaced with the EU's totalitarian Corpus Juris (Guilty Until You Prove Your Own Innocence . . . whilst locked up!) ?

I certainly don't which is why I am resolved that we MUST leave the EU as soon as humanly possible and in a manner that is total, complete, irrefutable and irreversible without massive change and the need for referendums.

We must leave the EU

I totally agree.

Naturally, I'd rather not experience riots and public unrest, but I'm afraid that the Maybot and her fellow fifth columnists seem to be dead set on instigating them, though they seem to be oblivious to that possibility.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Whilst I agree and believe peaceful protest is always best with Tommy Robinson and BNP etc in the mix I can't predict it might not end in riots. They are professional agitators know exactly how to provoke.
Aren't there any thugs and professional agitators in the left-wing camp then?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top