Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 01:11 PM

Well - that was fun ... not!

Wanted to be in the loft to drag the Christmas decorations out of hibernation. The lights for said loft are on an extension lead that has be plugged into a socket in the hall - so - up ladder, uncoil lead, down ladder, plug in - plastic bits of plug disintegrate all over the floor leaving the brass bits still plugged in! It is so cold up there since it was insulated that it must have been very brittle.

Switch off electrics at the mains - arm myself with an insulation mat and rubber gloves (just in case) very carefully ease out the brass bits. Switch electrics on again - find new plug - rewire lead. Shimmy up loft ladder. One of the light bulbs has blown - am ignoring it because my crawling board has vanished - probably under the 2ft thick cloud of insulation - and I don't fancy doing an 'Olga Corbett' along the joists.

My decorations are all neatly packed into five storage boxes - first four down - no problem. Half way down the ladder with the fifth one - trod on something soft that screamed and bit my ankle - nosy cat on the way up! I fell the rest of the way down - box followed, and opened up - covering me in Christmas lights and tinsel!

Just going to have a cup tea - before strangling that cat with its own tail!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 01:15 PM

Re: Well - that was fun ... not!

ST, Your life seems to be, one big adventure and you never do things by halves!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 01:15 PM

I can imagine you looked very pretty sitting there covered in festive bits and bobs Silver Tabby.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 01:16 PM

I'm not laughing (much)

Hope the cat's ok!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 01:20 PM

Nice.

Suggest you find another storage spot for your Chrissy tree and decor's in future ST.

After all you ain't getting no younger girl.

There is no way I could do all that climbing these days mine are in the cupboard under the stairs, and that is a challenge in itself with all that bending down.

Hope the cat as survived..
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 01:21 PM

Haha Tabs!
That's the kind of thing that happens to me too
Love it!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 01:34 PM

Sitting here chuckling! I remember a year ago when my nephew went up into sis's loft for the Christmas tree and unbeknownst to him one of the cats had got up there and suddenly either appeared in the loft hatch doorway, or fell/jumped onto him. I just know it gave him a heck of a fright!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 01:45 PM

Ha! You and I should start a double act Tabs! I've been in the outhouse looking for a mitre block and came out with Xmas lights instead.
Outside my outhouse was lots of hedgehog poo! I checked everywhere no hedgehog but it stinks! My washer and drier are out there so hoping it hadn't found it's way behind them.
Next time you want stuff out of the loft, grab a passer by and shove him/her up there with a stick
I hope you didn't hurt yourself or kitty.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Wanted to be in the loft to drag the Christmas decorations out of hibernation. The lights for said loft are on an extension lead that has be plugged into a socket in the hall - so - up ladder, uncoil lead, down ladder, plug in - plastic bits of plug disintegrate all over the floor leaving the brass bits still plugged in! It is so cold up there since it was insulated that it must have been very brittle.

Switch off electrics at the mains - arm myself with an insulation mat and rubber gloves (just in case) very carefully ease out the brass bits. Switch electrics on again - find new plug - rewire lead. Shimmy up loft ladder. One of the light bulbs has blown - am ignoring it because my crawling board has vanished - probably under the 2ft thick cloud of insulation - and I don't fancy doing an 'Olga Corbett' along the joists.

My decorations are all neatly packed into five storage boxes - first four down - no problem. Half way down the ladder with the fifth one - trod on something soft that screamed and bit my ankle - nosy cat on the way up! I fell the rest of the way down - box followed, and opened up - covering me in Christmas lights and tinsel!

Just going to have a cup tea - before strangling that cat with its own tail!
I hope you didn't hurt yourself Tabby. Is there a pic of you covered in tinsel and lights? You could put it forward for next year's John Lewis (and partners of course) Ad.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Ha! You and I should start a double act Tabs! I've been in the outhouse looking for a mitre block and came out with Xmas lights instead.
Outside my outhouse was lots of hedgehog poo! I checked everywhere no hedgehog but it stinks! My washer and drier are out there so hoping it hadn't found it's way behind them.
Next time you want stuff out of the loft, grab a passer by and shove him/her up there with a stick
I hope you didn't hurt yourself or kitty.
Get Judd round to give you a quote for re-wiring the loft lights.... 'Oh and while you are up there, can you pass those boxes down'.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top