Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2018, 04:53 PM

Nikon D810 camera

In my opinion this is the best camera Nikon have made.

Shown with the Nikon 50mm f1.4 lens and my new Peak Design strap. The strap that comes with Nikon cameras are narrow and tend to cut into the neck, this is far more comfortable. Additional battery pack is on the D800 at the moment
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 09:45 AM

Re: Nikon D810 camera

Very nice realspeed

Earlier this year I was walking in Hyde Park, met a nice couple who were in London for the RAF centenary flypast the following day. They let me photograph their camera, then let me have a go at shooting swans landing on the Serpentine. A D850, slightly newer than your D810, what a beaut, looks tiny here with that massive lens. And that tripod glides like a dream.

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 11:40 AM

Re: Nikon D810 camera

yes that D850 is some camera, only thing is they have done away with the pop up flash which means you have to carry a flashgun around as well. selling at just over £3200 it is a bit out of my price range If you want to print very large pictures from a 45mp camera or have a large storage capacity in your computer that is then yes have one.

Would I want one just to upgrade from my 36mp camera? nice to have but not itching to get one. The Nikon D810 @ £1960 price is more acceptable for me at least.
According to reviews between the two the general sensus is if you have the D810 there is not much more to gain by getting the D850 with the price difference.

Even the cheapest camera can produce fantastic photos. below with a 2 mp camera to prove my point

Warwick Castle

Taken with
KODAK CX4200 DIGITAL CAMERA

Kodak EasyShare CX4200
The Kodak CX4200 Digital Camera is a 2 megapixel digital camera made by the Eastman Kodak Company. It can take photos but not videos. The camera is fixed focus, but has a macro switch which will switch to a fixed closeup focus.

this was my first camera venture in the digital format as a see if I like or not.

Back to Nikon cameras

From that I bought the D70s which came with a kit lens 18-70mm and I won a competition with that ,so for me to win the camera must have been good.

Only problem with that D70s I found/felt I had outgrown its capabilities so move on to the

D200. But of a dissapointment as it was heavy on battery usage

So moving on and a huge leap in every respect to the D300.
Better quality photos and larger menu so different from the D200. Still got this one

Then on to the D800 (still have) to 36 MP against the D300 12MP so obviously again an improvement in picture quality. Then I dropped it (aaaaaah). so while it was under repair on to the

D810. Ohh again a completely different kettle of fish. Still a 36MP camera same as the D800 but this time without an AA filter, a complete revamp ,too many to post on here.

And that is where I am now at

previously it was a box brownie and then a Voitlander Vito CL film camera (still got) before going digita.

Not forgetting the video cameras as well

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top